Lt. Commander
# 21
02-10-2010, 03:52 PM
When I'm tired of explaining the same thing for the umpteenth time and the idiot before me doesn't know how to use the search tool... yeah. I might resort to such things.

P.S. Okay.. I really wouldn't... but I'd feel like it.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-10-2010, 03:57 PM
WoW sucks. How's that for witty?
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-10-2010, 04:01 PM
Where is Mankrik's wife?
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-10-2010, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasquatic
Perhaps if WoWtards stopped trying to compare this game to that horrible mess that entertains only the mindless masses.
Well, seeing as millions of people around the world play WoW, it would seem that either WoW is a very good game, or a very large amount of the human population like playing "crappy" games over good games. Now based on your post, it would indicate the latter. If that is the case then we should hope that STO NEVER reaches the same success that WoW has achieved, and hope that a very few amount of people continue playing it, to preserve the quality of the game. Since of course, you have indirectly laid out this formula for us:

The more people that play a game = the lower quality that game must be.
The lower amount of people that play a game = the higher the quality that game must be.

Of course with that formula, one questions how games like Hellgate London or Tabula Rasa ever failed, since it followed said formula to the teeth, as having "barley anyone" play it.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-10-2010, 04:34 PM
I love these threads. All it shows is that the OP is a WoW fanboy who is butt hurt by people trashing their precious game. WoW is the training wheels of MMO's, whether you like it or not. I am not saying STO is brilliant, but as an ex WoW player myself, all of the comments made about how awful WoW players are is absolutely true. WoW is a cesspool and it is why MMO communities are now just plain awful. MMO forums used to be helpful, fun communities. Now it is just a race to see who can act more like a whiny child first. Thank you WoW for ruining a perfectly good genre.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-10-2010, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krenn View Post
well, since STO isn't WoW, stop calling your fleets guilds, and your missions/assignments quests. STO isn't fantasy, it's science fiction. thare's a difference between the 2. i've seen in chat references to quests.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekollx View Post
Blame STO, they do use a bing giant Q for the quest icons in the hailing frequency and on the sector map.
and every time you enter fleet channel it says "Joining Guild Channel"
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-10-2010, 05:16 PM
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-10-2010, 05:37 PM
I agree completely with the OP, that is all.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-10-2010, 05:39 PM
I Won't fOlloW that order, captain.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-10-2010, 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skullkandy View Post
Basically if all you have to add to a conversation is a hollow WoW related attempt at an insult that no one but you thinks is cool then maybe you just should stop typing.
But how will I know that no one but me thinks it's cool until I post it? To quote some big dog that a Brit wrote a play about a few hundred years ago, "aye, there's the rub."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krenn View Post
well, since STO isn't WoW, stop calling your fleets guilds, and your missions/assignments quests. STO isn't fantasy, it's science fiction. thare's a difference between the 2. i've seen in chat references to quests.
But what if my character was kidnapped from some backwards planet and eventually escaped into the Federation and joined Starfleet but still has some tendencies to call things by what they were called on his home World of... umm, I never played WoW, what is the world's name, anyway?... and so calling them "guilds" and "quests" is really just roleplaying and y u h8 rp and... oh, skip it, not even I'm interested in this argument anymore.