Lt. Commander
# 31
02-10-2010, 05:54 PM
I have never played the game Wow personally, but have heard about it, However your comment on witch hunts, that is a different story, seen a few of them.

Many good people that did no wrong were burned ostracized and tortured after being accused of being bad. I don't follow any of those things, but the social comment is common.

Many things bash things that are good, while using the exact methods they claim they do not like, it is a trap that is common. And when they do those things, they become the evil they claim to fight. It is said in many ways, fight fire with fire, ends justify the means, or claiming some special place that allows for one person to judge another.

Whenever I look at belief by coercion and not choice, you see the same pattern. The use of dark side methods to force compliance leading to the person doing and becoming the very thing they claim to fight.

And I think many things in life go wrong to try to get people to take a dark path, I am tempted to do so when I think of the inside jokes and effects of many things. But what would that do but make a person join that very side they claim to fight. Much of the reason things harass a person is to get them to take those same means as a response.

Shrug

Been listening to this song, it even has 'make it so' in the lyrics, which I like, and the girl in the corner, who I also like.

I find it very peaceful.

Up on the roof
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MopbhuZ2Bh0
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-10-2010, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Before you make what you think is some witty WoW reference
stopped reading right about there
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-10-2010, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOUT View Post
But how will I know that no one but me thinks it's cool until I post it? To quote some big dog that a Brit wrote a play about a few hundred years ago, "aye, there's the rub."

But what if my character was kidnapped from some backwards planet and eventually escaped into the Federation and joined Starfleet but still has some tendencies to call things by what they were called on his home World of... umm, I never played WoW, what is the world's name, anyway?... and so calling them "guilds" and "quests" is really just roleplaying and y u h8 rp and... oh, skip it, not even I'm interested in this argument anymore.
Asteroth 10 char
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-10-2010, 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cacti4-6 View Post
stopped reading right about there
Your signature reminds me of the St. Crispen's Day Speech
William Shakespeare, 1599

What's he that wishes so?
My cousin Westmoreland? No, my fair cousin;
If we are mark'd to die, we are enow
To do our country loss; and if to live,
The fewer men, the greater share of honour.
God's will! I pray thee, wish not one man more.
By Jove, I am not covetous for gold,
Nor care I who doth feed upon my cost;
It yearns me not if men my garments wear;
Such outward things dwell not in my desires.
But if it be a sin to covet honour,
I am the most offending soul alive.
No, faith, my coz, wish not a man from England.
God's peace! I would not lose so great an honour
As one man more methinks would share from me
For the best hope I have. O, do not wish one more!
Rather proclaim it, Westmoreland, through my host,
That he which hath no stomach to this fight,
Let him depart; his passport shall be made,
And crowns for convoy put into his purse;
We would not die in that man's company
That fears his fellowship to die with us.
This day is call'd the feast of Crispian.
He that outlives this day, and comes safe home,
Will stand a tip-toe when this day is nam'd,
And rouse him at the name of Crispian.
He that shall live this day, and see old age,
Will yearly on the vigil feast his neighbours,
And say 'To-morrow is Saint Crispian.'
Then will he strip his sleeve and show his scars,
And say 'These wounds I had on Crispian's day.'
Old men forget; yet all shall be forgot,
But he'll remember, with advantages,
What feats he did that day. Then shall our names,
Familiar in his mouth as household words-
Harry the King, Bedford and Exeter,
Warwick and Talbot, Salisbury and Gloucester-
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
This story shall the good man teach his son;
And Crispin Crispian shall ne'er go by,
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be remembered-
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition;
And gentlemen in England now-a-bed
Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-10-2010, 06:04 PM
some witty wow reference
Lt. Commander
# 36
02-10-2010, 06:09 PM
A wowfanboi thread in STO, and they said it could never happen.:p
Lt. Commander
# 37
02-10-2010, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skullkandy View Post
To everyone who thinks they need to go into every thread and make some childish WoW remark like "wowtard, go back to wow, this isn't wow...." I understand it makes you cool and hip to make fragment sentence remarks about WoW. You also might think that it helps hide the fact that you don't poses any real wit or even a point, but all it does is highlight these shortcomings of yours and show how much of a tool you are.

I know WoW is like calling someone a "witch" in the dark ages or a "communist" in the 40s and is supposed to completely discredit anything and everything that person says.....but proves only that you're striving so hard to impress everyone with how much of a rebel you are for going against the status quo of WoW by joining the status quo of making unrelated WoW comments in game forums.

I would further suggest that if you're going to join the hip 13 year olds in making derogatory WoW references to impress the girls with how ironic you are you at least know something about the MMO genre beyond WoW.

Basically if all you have to add to a conversation is a hollow WoW related attempt at an insult that no one but you thinks is cool then maybe you just should stop typing.
The 50's. Communist in the 50's.
Lt. Commander
# 38
02-11-2010, 07:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shunes View Post
I love these threads. All it shows is that the OP is a WoW fanboy who is butt hurt by people trashing their precious game. WoW is the training wheels of MMO's, whether you like it or not. I am not saying STO is brilliant, but as an ex WoW player myself, all of the comments made about how awful WoW players are is absolutely true. WoW is a cesspool and it is why MMO communities are now just plain awful. MMO forums used to be helpful, fun communities. Now it is just a race to see who can act more like a whiny child first. Thank you WoW for ruining a perfectly good genre.
you my friend are what's known as a ****ing moron, just like all the other people who think it makes them cool to hate on WoW. I haven't played that game in about 4 years, I tried it out for a little bit and it just wasn't my bag. I'm a big fan of ******** 1 and 2 but WoW didn't have enough PvP and i much prefer going up against players rather than mobs. You would have known this if your reading comprehension was above a 2 year old, no where in my post did I discuss the merits of wow or defend anything about it. I never said it was the best MMO, or even compaired it to STO in the least. I only addresses you morons who mindlessly spew wow insults to cover up the fact that you have nothing of your own to say.
So maybe you need to take some reading and comprehension classes, or maybe you're just "special" in which case I might feel a little bad for pointing out your obvious idiocy. Either way your asinine comments just further prove my point that the WoW haters just drool back the anti-wow phrases they hear because they think it makes them witty even when what they say doesn't fit the discussion in the least.
Lt. Commander
# 39
02-11-2010, 07:23 AM
Stfu And Go Back To Meridian 59!