Lt. Commander
# 21
02-10-2010, 07:35 PM
I've always been Aurora Moon everywhere I went.

of course before my handle used to be Sailor Aurora due to the fact that I was a huge Sailor Moon fan. Then I was going off to college and everything so I wanted my name to become a little bit grown up too. so I decided to take my name and tweak it slightly so it was still familar enough for my old friends, but mature enough for new adult friends.

I'm 26 years now... so I guess I've been Aurora online everywhere for over 10 years.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-10-2010, 07:42 PM
Kaduceus was my druid in WoW. After a while it became an account name I used quite a bit. It is based on the symbol for modern medicine, the Caduceus, two serpents around a staff with wings.

I wish I could just change it though, to my STO character name of whom this avatar is a screenshot of taken on Sol station near a window. My girlfriend played wow with me, but I don't think we're together anymore and want to distance myself from all of that, including this name.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-10-2010, 09:04 PM
Kashaun, my real name cut in half. Most of the people I game with I've known for years, end up using our real names anyway. Sorry I couldn't come up with something cool, I'll spend a good hour or two customizing my character. By the time I get to the name I'm already burned out and just want to get rolling.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-10-2010, 09:18 PM
RWL stands for "Ralph the Wonder Llama". A handle I've used online for AGES It comes from the opening creadits to Monty Python and the Holy Grail "Ralph The Wonder Llama" is listed as executive producer.
I've used it on Ultima Online, Shadowbane (what a crapshoot), D&D paper, D&D Online, Mechwarrior games, Quake Live, the Battlefield series, Star Wars Galaxies, and countless others.

19 is my lucky number. It is a number of ka, and ka-tet
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-10-2010, 09:37 PM
well my real name is Carlos

and I did one of those "whats your name in another language" thingies and well, for japanese it Came up as Karousu. and well....there you have it.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-10-2010, 10:29 PM
Created it as a mage character for an old P&P game years ago. Based on Myrddin or Merlin. Been using it as a Forum name for over a decade.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-11-2010, 12:03 AM
Combination of main character name and fleet initials.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-11-2010, 12:51 AM
I published a book of poetry back in the 1990s called "The Eventual Dream".
I was also touring with a band called "Terran" at the time. Our motto was...Give us your world and we'll give you back a charred lump of dirt.
So the band started calling me Dream and it stuck.
When I turned 30 my son was born and I quit the business so I could devote all my time to raising him. I never had a father and figured if I was going to break the cycle I was going to go at it 100%.
BigDaddyDream has been my gamertag ever since.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-11-2010, 01:05 AM
I've used the name Woebetide for several years now, it was always a phrase I liked the sound of "Woe betide .... ... ".
So Woe has had many incarnations in multiple games over the years.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-11-2010, 03:58 AM
For my handle, the first part of the name is just made up.

The second part "@Genesis1701A" holds multiple meanings. Please see below:

1. Wrath of Khan is my favorite Trek movie. (hence the word "Genesis" in the handle)

2. The word "Genesis", meaning life from lifelessness, is another tribute to the Star Trek franchise getting rebooted and recharged with the 2009 movie and STO, since the franchise was starting to slide downwards over the years.

3. The "1701A" is, yet again, a tribute to the great Captain James T. Kirk, and Starfleet's willingness to construct another Enterprise in gratitude for Kirk's actions, keeping the Federation flagship's name going strong.

Live long and prosper !

Masterson@Genesis1701A
USS Orion
United Federation of Planets