Lt. Commander
# 21
02-10-2010, 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nezzir View Post
Dear Cryptic,

I forgot to set my bank permissions and I trusted someone who then ripped me off.

Fix it or I will threaten you! I swear.

Love,
Some guy who just learned a lesson

It's not stealing if you give them permission to remove things from the bank.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-10-2010, 06:07 PM
I see a pattern here... I think we need to have a thread called Blacklist anyone named "Dasomething"
Lt. Commander
# 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkana
This is why there are permission settings for fleet bank tabs. If this same person is constantly doing it then yes, something should be done, but don't be so trusting of everyone, people should have a period of not being able to withdraw from the bank when they first join.
Darkana, I appreciate your input about the fleet bank tabs, but if you ran a fleet you would know they dont work, they are bugged and they've been reported as bugged since before headstart and i have posted nearly everyday asking for them to be fixed, My sig even asked for them to be fixed, I knew it was a matter of time before this would happen so have been actiely transfering all fleet funds to my own inventory and updating the fleet info screen on running totals...

I don't care if you think its my fault for not setting the permissions correctly, I have tried more than once for many hours with other fleet members withdrawing and depositing they simply DO NOT WORK...

out of good practice I add all fleet members to my in game friends list so I can see his full account name

I don't know if there is a law to cover this, at the very least its a civil suit.

I know at the end of the day its just code on a screen and therefore no real items where stolen, but if Cryptic are happy for this to happen and are doing nothing to stop it, its imply not worth running a fleet.

Cryptic you are allowing people to actively break the law and break your own codes of behaviour using your software and you are seeminly ignoring reports of bugs with your software that allows this to happen, you are not in my eyes accepting liability or responsibilty for this theft and you need to...
Lt. Commander
# 24
there is not much you can do other than set proper access levels. you can only hope for a refund if your account gets hacked and somebody robs the bank, at least thats how it was handled in wow.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-10-2010, 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delazure View Post
Question : is there a bug allowing thieves to withdraw stuff from a fleet bank account even if the permissions are properly set ?
Yes... you 'CAN NOT' set the permission for vault bank energy withdrawl limits... its bugged...
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-10-2010, 06:10 PM
At least we know where the gold spammers are getting the gold they are selling, eh?
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-10-2010, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HubsST View Post
Darkana, I appreciate your input about the fleet bank tabs, but if you ran a fleet you would know they dont work, they are bugged and they've been reported as bugged since before headstart and i have posted nearly everyday asking for them to be fixed, My sig even asked for them to be fixed, I knew it was a matter of time before this would happen so have been actiely transfering all fleet funds to my own inventory and updating the fleet info screen on running totals...

I don't care if you think its my fault for not setting the permissions correctly, I have tried more than once for many hours with other fleet members withdrawing and depositing they simply DO NOT WORK...

out of good practice I add all fleet members to my in game friends list so I can see his full account name

I don't know if there is a law to cover this, at the very least its a civil suit either against cryptic or against the individual concerned, I'm paying real money to enter a game and when im in game my items im 'paying to play' and therefore paying to gain are being actively stolen...

I know at the end of the day its just code on a screen and therefore no real items where stolen, but if Cryptic are happy for this to happen and are doing nothing to stop it, or resolve it when they are confronted with it day in day out and nothing to stop the harasment i am subjected to in game from hardcore saleman offering me these ebergy credits back at a price of $25 per 100k then im prepared to try to sue both parties for the 500k energy credits that have been stolen, thats 100 + costs + lost revenue.

Cryptic you are allowing people to actively break the law using your software and you are seeminly ignoring reports of bugs with your software that allows this to happen, you are not in my eyes accepting liability for this theft and you need to...
Im sorry but thats hilarious but ya they need to fix the fleet banks its totally unacceptable how all the fleet options are so insanely bugged or broken
Lt. Commander
# 28
Quote:
Yes... you 'CAN NOT' set the permission for vault bank energy withdrawl limits... its bugged...
okay.. then it its probably not very wise to deposit credits or anything valuable at all in those banks right now.
Lt. Commander
# 29
Quote:

I don't know if there is a law to cover this, at the very least its a civil suit either against cryptic or against the individual concerned, I'm paying real money to enter a game and when im in game my items im 'paying to play' and therefore paying to gain are being actively stolen...

I know at the end of the day its just code on a screen and therefore no real items where stolen, but if Cryptic are happy for this to happen and are doing nothing to stop it, or resolve it when they are confronted with it day in day out and nothing to stop the harasment i am subjected to in game from hardcore saleman offering me these ebergy credits back at a price of $25 per 100k then im prepared to try to sue both parties for the 500k energy credits that have been stolen, thats 100 + costs + lost revenue.

Cryptic you are allowing people to actively break the law using your software and you are seeminly ignoring reports of bugs with your software that allows this to happen, you are not in my eyes accepting liability for this theft and you need to...
Answer me this. How are you going to sue for something that doesnt even belong to you? When you created your account and everytime you sign into this game, you waive those rights away.

As for breaking the law... man, you need a strong reality check, because you are so far away from it, it's laughable.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-10-2010, 06:14 PM
You knowingly put stuff in a shared bank vault that you said yourself is bugged and you know it's bugged, you've spent extensive time testing it according to your posts.

Putting anything in that vault while it's still bugged is just asking for it to be taken. If you were concerned about this energy credits, as a fleet leader, you should have held onto it. Putting it in a shared bank when anyone can access it is basically saying here's all the stuff you can have if you want it.

I'd like to see the law that was broken as well. I'm fairly interested in this as it affects my Take a Penny, Leave a Penny operation I have going on, and that's actual real tangible goods.
Closed Thread