Lt. Commander
# 1 Need Choices
02-10-2010, 05:46 PM
I am enjoying STO and for the most part like how the story is different in the missions, however I feel there is much lacking in any repeatability. In my opinion I feel a choice system needs to be incorporated into the game. If missions had you make decisions that affected the out come of the scenario this game would have serious staying power. So say every mission had diplomatic , agressive , passive, type options you could essentially do each one on different characters and never see the same ending. There could be different points that could be gained much like the exploration badges such as diplomatic badges, warrior badges and so on that could be used to enhance your character or buy certain items.

As the game sits, and yes I know there are many changes to come, it can get really repetative really fast. This fact can be a game killer a year down the road. The game has enormous potential and is a great foundation but with Old Republic coming out STO is going need some umph to keep me playing. I dont want to speak for anyone else but I do know there are many more who feel the same way. If you guys get the umph in to where there will be satistfaction in playing up a second character aswell as playing my end game character than you will keep my money coming in.

It would also be neat to have some factional war going on. So if you have a mission in say klingon space you would have to either bring some buddies along or risk getting caught by klingon players who would love to sink there claws into a lone federation ship.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-10-2010, 05:51 PM
Lol choice system. What do you think this game is, a bioware game lol. Next thing you'll be asking for is a death penalty to add some challenge hahaha. Or maybe you'll ask for better ground combat haha. Or a real economy and crafting system lol. GTFO out of STO noob!