Lt. Commander
# 91
02-17-2010, 01:55 AM
Tbh, I've never been a fan of the Galaxy class, but I can accept where they've gone wrong with it. I can see the problem with the pylons but not the saucer.

Secondly, what's wrong with the sovereign? It looks fine to me.
Lt. Commander
# 92
02-17-2010, 02:10 AM
If the model clipping is fixed maybe they can add the torpedo (both fore and aft) tubes too?

My galaxy feels like a wizard casting magic missiles and its not even wearing a pointy hat !!!!
Lt. Commander
# 93
02-17-2010, 03:17 AM
I'd rather have them put efforts into fixing ground combat first, and think of cosmetic things later.

I did a explore mission in the Hromi sector yesterday. And my NPC buddies kept disapearing, if I killed myself and respawned they were there. but before I could run 50 meters they were gone.

The AI enemies kept falling through the planet surface being 6 feet under. I could not target them there, but they could shot at me. All my weapon beems came from my feet, not my gun.

In the end I just had to abort the mission.

Also aggro system in ground combat is fubar.
Lt. Commander
# 94
02-17-2010, 03:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiohazard View Post
Tbh, I've never been a fan of the Galaxy class, but I can accept where they've gone wrong with it. I can see the problem with the pylons but not the saucer.

Secondly, what's wrong with the sovereign? It looks fine to me.
For one it has a blue deflector which is craaazy.

Check out a decent model of it from Bridge Commander.
http://screenshots.filesnetwork.com/...s2/47184_2.jpg

Now this game uses three times the resources than that old game and yet the models don't look anywhere near as good.
Lt. Commander
# 95
02-17-2010, 05:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapmetal
I'd rather have them put efforts into fixing ground combat first, and think of cosmetic things later.
That falls under two different departments for the dev team. The art team and the programing team. They can work on both without there being a problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKeith2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtattersall
View Post
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. It looks like a part offset issue. When working on ship variations we sometimes need to adjust the connection points of existing ships. Unfortunately in this case it appears to have caused this hull to be offset from the rest of the ship.

We have prioritized the bug appropriately.
This bug was prioritized on the 12th, but we've had TWO patches since and it's still not fixed...
Wrong, the last patch for the game was released on the 12th, the same day that the bug was prioritized.More than likely I'm betting that we're going to get some information about it tomorrow with the regularly scheduled patch.
Lt. Commander
# 96
02-17-2010, 05:31 AM
I know I hit edit not quote for this one originally. Mispost, can a mod please delete it?
Lt. Commander
# 97
02-17-2010, 05:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtattersall View Post
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. It looks like a part offset issue. When working on ship variations we sometimes need to adjust the connection points of existing ships. Unfortunately in this case it appears to have caused this hull to be offset from the rest of the ship.

We have prioritized the bug appropriately.
You should consider becoming a politician if this all doesn't work out... *shakes head*
Lt. Commander
# 98
02-17-2010, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_illustrious_q
That falls under two different departments for the dev team. The art team and the programing team. They can work on both without there being a problem.

Wrong, the last patch for the game was released on the 12th, the same day that the bug was prioritized.More than likely I'm betting that we're going to get some information about it tomorrow with the regularly scheduled patch.
The last patch was the 13th. Read your Release Notes in the launcher. Then when the service went down early on the 14th, there was a patch with no Release Notes. So, two patches.
Lt. Commander
# 99
02-17-2010, 05:08 PM
Congrads, you found a bug.

Why would a DEV reply to this???

At least we got a response on something.

Seriously, this isn't the right place for this thread. There is no discussion here.

Move it.