Lt. Commander
# 21
02-10-2010, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idlewind View Post
I disagree, this game is about starships.

this is what it would be like if they made a racing game and say for example they had a 69 charger that had the wrong lines, no detail, glaring model errors etc.
So your saying, all the mission glitches and imbalances are fine as long as we look pretty in our ships?

I think you need to get your priorities straight.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-10-2010, 06:53 PM
Eh the Galaxy is probably one of the worst ships in the game as far as performance is concerned, I bought one but never used it. Handles like a tank and does not get much survivability in exchange for the huge lack of maneuverability.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-10-2010, 06:54 PM
Quote:
This most iconic vessel needs work... Cryptic, it's time to start finishing the game now. Please, If you would, release a patch to fix the following graphical errors on the Galaxy class hull.

- Neck does not attach to the saucer properly
Image Link - http://i676.photobucket.com/albums/v...g?t=1265852293

- Engine pylons do not attach to the hull properly
Image Link - http://i676.photobucket.com/albums/v...g?t=1265852660

Thanks.

Am I the only one in here who is not only happy with his Galaxy class starship, but also has never seen any problems like the ones on the screenshots before?

Seriously, my Galaxy "fits together" quite nicely. As do all other Galaxys I have seen so far.

Maybe your client / graphics card is a bit off? I noticed that the textures in those screenshots look a bit low-res.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-10-2010, 06:55 PM
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-10-2010, 07:00 PM
I haven't had any problems with the missions, besides the higher-end enemy contacts and the borg war zone.

which I agree also need to be fixed. now.

But those are minor, and can be repaired easily.

I'm just fed up with how slow things are going right now in terms of patches and hotfixes, And this tops it for me. It's not too much to ask that my ship doesn't look like a flight sim 2000 mod.

You'll all forgive me if I say this, but Blizzard would have hotfixed these issues in less than 48 hours.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-10-2010, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DK-Starfire
Am I the only one in here who is not only happy with his Galaxy class starship, but also has never seen any problems like the ones on the screenshots before?

Seriously, my Galaxy "fits together" quite nicely. As do all other Galaxys I have seen so far.

Maybe your client / graphics card is a bit off? I noticed that the textures in those screenshots look a bit low-res.
That's interesting, maybe I am looking at the low-res model?

Maybe i'll hop on real quick and change my settings and...

oh wait

I CAN'T
Lt. Commander
# 27
Quote:
This most iconic vessel needs work... Cryptic, it's time to start finishing the game now. Please, If you would, release a patch to fix the following graphical errors on the Galaxy class hull.

- Neck does not attach to the saucer properly
Image Link - http://i676.photobucket.com/albums/v...g?t=1265852293

- Engine pylons do not attach to the hull properly
Image Link - http://i676.photobucket.com/albums/v...g?t=1265852660

Thanks.
Crypic I cry foul and let loose the dogs of war upon your house! The primary hull of the galaxy class starship measures 800 meters in diameter. While in game i've done some measurements next to some planets and smaller ships and my math, which is never wrong, because I am never wrong, comes to the conclusion that you modeled the galaxy saucer to only 970 meters! HA HA! petaQ! get your heads out from your undersides and do your jobs. Im not paying you 15 dollars a month to just sit there and mess up the only good thing I have going for me. I demand you drop everything you are doing and fix this problem immediately. I have the number to my wife's divorce attorney and I'm not afraid to call him!
Lt. Commander
# 28
Wow I wish the Nova looked more like it did in Voyager but damn that Galaxy is in bad shape. Shame on you Cryptic, bad dog.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-10-2010, 07:06 PM
Ok, I have to apologize here. Up until now I didnt actually really notice that glitch. But now that I actively looked for it, I saw it too.

Sorry.

Oh well... it isnt great, but its not that bad either. And there are definitely more pressing issues in this game at the moment than the fine-tuning of the Galaxy Class model.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-10-2010, 07:09 PM
I've seen user created mods for Freelancer that are better than this. I really don't think I'm being over that top when I ask for immediate correction of an error like this. I'm not a trekkie, I'm not obsessed with the canon dimensions or anything, all i want is a quality model, that looks professional.