Originally Posted by Obsidius View Post
I know, it's ludicrous.
No its ludicrish. :p
Lt. Commander
# 62
02-12-2010, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krussian
OMG! You are so right! This is a #1 priority issue! Forget fixing bugged quests, bugged bridge officers, server issues, connection problems, etc. We need them working 24/7 on a new graphics model now!

I DEMAND a mod post on this most important issue now or i'm quitting the game....

/endsarcasm

Really? Your wittle imaginary spaceship isn't "properly" rendered? ROTFL
Mini Skirts are the #1 priority issue. This is #2.
Lt. Commander
# 63
02-12-2010, 04:14 PM
you forgot that the galaxy handles like a breadbin in treacle. PLEASE can we have some slightly better turnign circiles other than requiring the "entire map" to do a 360 turn.

O yeah and the celestial and envoy look awful.
Lt. Commander
# 64
02-12-2010, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. It looks like a part offset issue. When working on ship variations we sometimes need to adjust the connection points of existing ships. Unfortunately in this case it appears to have caused this hull to be offset from the rest of the ship.

We have prioritized the bug appropriately.
I know it's probably an even lower priority, but have you looked into the accuracy of other parts of the model? The window placement on the saucer edge, possibly edge thickness, the height of the aft spine along the secondary hull? Several small details like that aren't quite right. Same goes with the Defiant and Sovereign.

Like I said, probably low priority, but when modeling such iconic ships that people have seen so often, and just love, you've got to be -very- careful. Close enough just doesn't cut it.
Lt. Commander
# 65
02-12-2010, 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spots
I know it's probably an even lower priority, but have you looked into the accuracy of other parts of the model? The window placement on the saucer edge, possibly edge thickness, the height of the aft spine along the secondary hull? Several small details like that aren't quite right. Same goes with the Defiant and Sovereign.

Like I said, probably low priority, but when modeling such iconic ships that people have seen so often, and just love, you've got to be -very- careful. Close enough just doesn't cut it.
I've taken the change in window thickness to go along with the change in interior spaces. For example, the Constitution refit is classically shown with two rows of lights along the sides of the saucer section. Now it only displays one. This correlates to the fact that ship interiors are apparently at least twice as high from deckplate to overhead now, so the Constitution refit saucer "brims" are now only one (really large) deck high instead of two (standard size) decks high.

I would expect that starfleet ships now have approximately half to a third fewer decks now. In addition, shuttlebays philosophy has apparently been changed. Where before, large ships would have a shuttlebay featuring several small shuttles, this has gone out of fashion in favor of designing bays that hold one large runabout instead. In the event that the ship would actually employ the use of actual shuttlecraft, personnel transporter pads have been greatly expanded to fit a Type-8 shuttle on the pad, where it is beamed out the ship for flight.

Also, the fact that we see so many ships with window lights on nearly horizontal surfaces apparently means that starfleet has adopted a design plan that gives interior spaces skylights instead of standard windows on the sides
Lt. Commander
# 66
02-12-2010, 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyhawk21 View Post
No its ludicrish. :p
He sounds just like this character from "The Venture Bros"

-> Quizboy
Lt. Commander
# 67
02-12-2010, 06:45 PM
They should of just got the models from Star Trek Legacy, they were quite good.
Lt. Commander
# 68
02-12-2010, 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidInTheHall View Post
They should of just got the models from Star Trek Legacy, they were quite good.
Or just ask ol' DJ Curtis from Bridge Commander Files - http://bridgecommander.filefront.com..._Athena;108335

Seriously, if this game absolutely has to make my graphics card hotter than the sun, I'd rather it at least looked a bit better than WoW.

And had anti-aliasing.

Lt. Commander
# 69
02-12-2010, 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBarrier86 View Post
This is the alternate ST universe where Riker didnt properly park the drive section into the saucer in Encounter at Farpoint.
...directed by JJ Abrams
Lt. Commander
# 70
02-12-2010, 08:05 PM
What am I looking for?