Commander
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 478
# 21
06-04-2014, 03:53 PM
[OOC] Welcome new players! [/OOC]

Aiel watched the goings on of the Staging Area with mild interest as she sipped her cappuccino. She found it strange yet welcomed that this far from Earth she would stumble across someone who actually knew how to make the drink. An antiquated drink, she knew, but one she had become quite accustomed and fond of over the years. She had tried raktajino once, as a freshman dare. It took her nearly a week to get the smell of burned, thick sludge from her nostrils and a full week longer for her taste to return to normal. No wonder the Klingons were always so uptight, she thought to herself.

She finished the coffee and paid her tab to the young Arcadian woman serving her. Young, Aiel assumed, for the Arcadians seemed to be perpetually youthful looking, given their oversized doll-like heads and immense eyes. “Will there be anything else?” asked her host in a light, sing-song voice.

“No, thank you.” Aiel responded, then stood from her chair and stretched. She had moved what little belongings she had taken with her into her new living space but had yet to explore the neighbourhood which she now called home. Today seemed the perfect time to do so as tomorrow she fully expected to be working… somewhere. The way Kylor preferred to assign work was odd, to say the least. Every new arrival would essentially seek their own means of employment by simply asking around in hopes that there was work to be done. She preferred a more structured system and perhaps she would learn to develop her own schedule.

She walked, allowing herself to enjoy the afternoon sun as she went, and climbed the path to the V’al. She was so caught up in the sheer beauty of it all she almost failed to see a strange man standing at her door. She did not react, did not pause. She had been trained to respond to unexpected contingencies without telegraphing her movements. This man wasn’t Romulan and wore no distinguishable uniform to insignia that she could see. It was possible, she thought to herself, that he was just another refugee that happened to be housed in the same district as her and decided to be neighbourly, but given the fact Kylor had stated the V’al was predominantly Romulan this wasn’t a likely scenario. Her training instantly took over and she continued walking along the path, past her own home and the man, showing no obvious interest whatsoever. If this man recognized her, she’d know. If he didn’t, then she would make a very conscious effort to pay closer attention to him in the future.
Captain
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 5,792
# 22
06-04-2014, 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by prierin View Post
[OOC] Welcome new players! [/OOC]

Aiel watched the goings on of the Staging Area with mild interest as she sipped her cappuccino. She found it strange yet welcomed that this far from Earth she would stumble across someone who actually knew how to make the drink. An antiquated drink, she knew, but one she had become quite accustomed and fond of over the years. She had tried raktajino once, as a freshman dare. It took her nearly a week to get the smell of burned, thick sludge from her nostrils and a full week longer for her taste to return to normal. No wonder the Klingons were always so uptight, she thought to herself.

She finished the coffee and paid her tab to the young Arcadian woman serving her. Young, Aiel assumed, for the Arcadians seemed to be perpetually youthful looking, given their oversized doll-like heads and immense eyes. “Will there be anything else?” asked her host in a light, sing-song voice.

“No, thank you.” Aiel responded, then stood from her chair and stretched. She had moved what little belongings she had taken with her into her new living space but had yet to explore the neighbourhood which she now called home. Today seemed the perfect time to do so as tomorrow she fully expected to be working… somewhere. The way Kylor preferred to assign work was odd, to say the least. Every new arrival would essentially seek their own means of employment by simply asking around in hopes that there was work to be done. She preferred a more structured system and perhaps she would learn to develop her own schedule.

She walked, allowing herself to enjoy the afternoon sun as she went, and climbed the path to the V’al. She was so caught up in the sheer beauty of it all she almost failed to see a strange man standing at her door. She did not react, did not pause. She had been trained to respond to unexpected contingencies without telegraphing her movements. This man wasn’t Romulan and wore no distinguishable uniform to insignia that she could see. It was possible, she thought to herself, that he was just another refugee that happened to be housed in the same district as her and decided to be neighbourly, but given the fact Kylor had stated the V’al was predominantly Romulan this wasn’t a likely scenario. Her training instantly took over and she continued walking along the path, past her own home and the man, showing no obvious interest whatsoever. If this man recognized her, she’d know. If he didn’t, then she would make a very conscious effort to pay closer attention to him in the future.
The shuttle Stelam is on is a piece of kllhwnia. The seats are uncomfortable, the air smells of epohh, and he is pretty sure the guy nwxt to him is a murderer. Well, the sneaky kind. Not like Stelam and his crew. Thankfully, it was over soon enough, and they landed on mol'Rihan. It had taken a few days, but he was finally here. Time for his shore leave to start, but he has to get through customs first. He can tell the guy was a wort from here. Stelam shrugs, grabs his belongings, and walks over.

"Your name, system and planet of origin." said the Wort.

"Stelam Jhaelaa. Hobus and ch'Rihan." Stelam says in perfect Rihannsu.

"Duration of stay?" the Wort continues in Rihannsu as well.

"Four weeks to a month." Stelam says.

"Short stay. You plan on working?" the Wort asks.

"Yes. I hope to help build the new home of our race." Stelam replies, using the backstory he had concocted.

"Uh huh. Alright. Report to Foreman Kylor for temporary housing and your work roster." the Wort says as he hands over the papers.

"Hann'yyo. Jolan'tru." Stelam says as he walks away.

"Jolan'tru." the Wort mutters.

Stelam gets in line for the Foreman. Out of the corner of his eye, he can see a young Romulan girl pay for a capuccino and walk off.

"Uh. Pretty, but a little young for me... maybe." Stelam mutters.
Commander
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 478
# 23
06-04-2014, 05:17 PM
[OOC]Ah, we're all coming together now... should get interesting real soon LOL. [/OOC]
Captain
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 5,792
# 24
06-04-2014, 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by prierin View Post
[OOC]Ah, we're all coming together now... should get interesting real soon LOL. [/OOC]
OOC: Could you tell me how old Aiel is? I think Stelam is 19 to 20, and at this point it's either an older brother relationship or boyfriend that I can see for them. If I decide they should have a positive relationship.
Commander
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 478
# 25
06-04-2014, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuntel View Post
OOC: Could you tell me how old Aiel is? I think Stelam is 19 to 20, and at this point it's either an older brother relationship or boyfriend that I can see for them. If I decide they should have a positive relationship.
[OOC] Um, yeah.... Aiel is about 20 - still very young for a Romulan. About 5'6", dark hair, grey eyes, somehwat tanned skin.

However, please take not that although Aiel is female, I am male. A straight, married maile... I can RP romantic interest for the sake of the story but feel I need to address the elephant in the room before anything like that begins... some people may find a problem with that, spo it's best ot be clear from the onset rather than surprise them later on... [/OOC]
Captain
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 5,792
# 26
06-04-2014, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by prierin View Post


[OOC] Um, yeah.... Aiel is about 20 - still very young for a Romulan. About 5'6", dark hair, grey eyes, somehwat tanned skin.

However, please take not that although Aiel is female, I am male. A straight, married maile... I can RP romantic interest for the sake of the story but feel I need to address the elephant in the room before anything like that begins... some people may find a problem with that, spo it's best ot be clear from the onset rather than surprise them later on... [/OOC]
OOC: The relationship thing is only if your okay with it man. It can be an older brother thing, a rival thing. Or none at all. It depends on what you want Aiel to do. Or what you feel her character would do. I'm a guy, and I feel the same way. That's why I don't make female characters, or gay ones because their out of my mindset and makes me feel uncomfortable.
Commander
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 478
# 27
06-04-2014, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuntel View Post
OOC: The relationship thing is only if your okay with it man. It can be an older brother thing, a rival thing. Or none at all. It depends on what you want Aiel to do. Or what you feel her character would do. I'm a guy, and I feel the same way. That's why I don't make female characters, or gay ones because their out of my mindset and makes me feel uncomfortable.

[OOC]Play it by ear then. If, however, at any time (and this goes for ANYBODY here) the RP becomes uncomfortable, PM me and we'll work around it.

I play ONLY female characters.... always have. If I have to stare at pixels for hours on end they might as well be attractive pixels LOL[/OOC]
Captain
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 5,792
# 28
06-04-2014, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by prierin View Post
[OOC]Play it by ear then. If, however, at any time (and this goes for ANYBODY here) the RP becomes uncomfortable, PM me and we'll work around it.

I play ONLY female characters.... always have. If I have to stare at pixels for hours on end they might as well be attractive pixels LOL[/OOC]
OOC: Alright. You want to take Kylor for a conversation with Stelam? Maybe give Stelam a house next to Aiel's, so they meet?
Commander
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 478
# 29
06-04-2014, 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuntel View Post
OOC: Alright. You want to take Kylor for a conversation with Stelam? Maybe give Stelam a house next to Aiel's, so they meet?

[OOC]That's entirely up to you... Just look at chrisbrown12009's intro... how you set up a possible meeting is entirely up to you... where it goes from there will be a joint effort. [/OOC]
Captain
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 5,792
# 30
06-04-2014, 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by prierin View Post

[OOC]That's entirely up to you... Just look at chrisbrown12009's intro... how you set up a possible meeting is entirely up to you... where it goes from there will be a joint effort. [/OOC]
Stelam finally got to the front of the line. The Foreman seemed nice, but Stelam just nods and replies auromatically. He stores the location of his house in his head, and how to get money. He walks off toward his house, which is next to the one with a human in front patiently waiting. Obviously military by the way he stands. Command, by the look of his face. Definately still active, but out of uniform. He walks off behind him. Have to be careful with military, you never know when they may memorize the wanted posters for piracy.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:58 AM.