Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-11-2010, 01:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebeyer View Post
I agree, however, that this is a problem to be solved, not a limitation to be accepted.
Me too. It was literally the first thing to strike me when I initially loaded the game; not the pretty graphics, or the atmospheric Trek sounds, but the fact that the scale felt utterly and completely wrong.

I sincerely hope that there is a solution to be found.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-11-2010, 03:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeggieMan View Post
Yes, these forums are for fanbois only. We have no use for personal opinion or constructive ideas. Only mindless acceptance and blindly forking over a sub fee. Or, you must buy a lifetime sub, then either put it in your forum sig or somehow work that fact into your every post.

That's what these forums are for.
Haha, so true.

Why is it btw that all doors are so incredibly huge...? Ive never seen this in Darkfall or Lotro or any other MMO I have played.
Weird.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-11-2010, 03:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lx31
This game desperately need a social aspect. As of right now the entire game is single player, instanced, and not a mmorpg.
/agree 100% I'm a Rear Admiral 4 and I've yet to be grouped for anything
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-11-2010, 03:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Securion View Post
Haha, so true.

Why is it btw that all doors are so incredibly huge...? Ive never seen this in Darkfall or Lotro or any other MMO I have played.
Weird.
In most MMOs you can walk through other players and NPCs. If they did this they could easily reduce the doors.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-11-2010, 03:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobFlowers View Post

I agree with the OP. And as I understand it, this was a large issue during Close Beta, where the community basically had nothing good to say about the ridiculously huge interiors.

Not only that, but they have completely muffed up ship scales. They tout Cruisers as being "the big ships"... well that is cockamamie nonsense when I see a SABER or DEFIANT next to a Galaxy Class.

What were they thinking? And how could CBS allow for this?
CBS knows that this game is so popular that people choked the servers. That there are nearly one million unique visitors to the ST: O site. That this game is on track to be the second most popular MMO out there. I don't think CBS could give two figs about ship scale or interiors that make sense. That's my opinion, anyway.

EB
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-11-2010, 04:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobFlowers View Post

I agree with the OP. And as I understand it, this was a large issue during Close Beta, where the community basically had nothing good to say about the ridiculously huge interiors.

Not only that, but they have completely muffed up ship scales. They tout Cruisers as being "the big ships"... well that is cockamamie nonsense when I see a SABER or DEFIANT next to a Galaxy Class.

What were they thinking? And how could CBS allow for this?
Ship scales are actually pretty accurate. Look at some of those scale charts that have been posted on the forums.

That said, the internal scale is terrible. I absolutely agree that it should be fixed. However, even if it's not, it won't be the end of the world.