Lieutenant
The summer event worked just fine for me i got the items i wanted for the most part. I made lots of marks but now i have 4 monkeys and 3 birds in my inventory that i can't do anything with.
In the past there was a vendor on drozana station that you could turn things in for a week or two where is it at this year devs. BTW people the swim suits are still available in the store.

On the noteor price the pricing was fine with me but i would have like to see a discount if you unlocked the item on 1 of you other characters like you did the ship but it didn't need to be as big a discount 1/2 price on doffs or other gear would have been nice if you unlocked it on another character.
Commander
# 1112
07-21-2014, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by policestate76 View Post
LOL, as i said an epic total fail. Not only the prices were ridiculous high, the rewards were terrible, not it turns out that after the event, they removed the swimsuits and all the stuff, so you cant even buy it anymore. They removed as well the monky and bird trader, hahaha, excellent job, cryptic, as always. , they dont even compensate us letting people to buy stuff after the event. Yeah, the summer event is awesome, thanks cryptic so much!!.

Why the winter event stuff is still available and the Risa stuff isnt?? ?x10
I wonder where you have been looking... The only thing not available are the Doffs, as far as I can see...
Where were you last year, if I may ask?
The ornithologist left back then, too. So this was to be expected.

----------------------------------------------------

Besides, it's always interesting to see the expectations of people about the abiliteis of the devs...

"The game content we worked on for 4 years is played through by the players in less than a year. Even with 100 developers, we wouldn't be able to create content as fast as the gamers consume it." - Clint Worley, SOE

I think this nails it quite well.
"I came from a long gone time, saw many other times...
But I'm still a mere human."
Vice Admiral Chris Curtiss, Temporal Ambassador

Last edited by chrisolliec; 07-21-2014 at 08:08 AM.
Rihannsu
# 1113
07-21-2014, 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisolliec View Post
I wonder where you have been looking... The only thing not available are the Doffs, as far as I can see...
Where were you last year, if I may ask?
The ornithologist left back then, too. So this was to be expected.
S9.5 came with a bug that removed all the new summer stuff from the event store, which was fixed that same night
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwecaptainsmirk View Post
*reassuringly strokes your hair*
Hush now, you will be back kicking Neelix and killing those nasty Vaadwaur soon enough... hush child.
*pat pat on your head*
epic smirk is epic
Captain
# 1114
07-21-2014, 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisolliec View Post
Besides, it's always interesting to see the expectations of people about the abilities of the devs...

"The game content we worked on for 4 years is played through by the players in less than a year. Even with 100 developers, we wouldn't be able to create content as fast as the gamers consume it." - Clint Worley, SOE

I think this nails it quite well.
Average single-player games take between two to four years to develop. If "Star Trek: Online" was a single-player game, the developers would have more time to create expansion packs. Reputation systems and fleet holdings are good on small scale. Once developers repetitively implement the grinding mechanic, without balancing it with other mechanics, the players have a tendency to stop playing.

Excessive Grinding + Timegates = Game Stopper
Lieutenant
# 1115
07-21-2014, 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by policestate76 View Post
LOL, as i said an epic total fail. Not only the prices were ridiculous high, the rewards were terrible, not it turns out that after the event, they removed the swimsuits and all the stuff, so you cant even buy it anymore. They removed as well the monky and bird trader, hahaha, excellent job, cryptic, as always. , they dont even compensate us letting people to buy stuff after the event. Yeah, the summer event is awesome, thanks cryptic so much!!.

Why the winter event stuff is still available and the Risa stuff isnt?? ?x10
Didn't really feel like a massive grind to me. Was a nice break from the regular grind. Grabbed a beer and listened to Marley while doing the events. Managed to get over 2000 marks on two different characters each, the superior boards (had the superior floaters from last year), and a couple swimsuits. Still have almost 1000 favors, and couple hundred pearls for next year. I am surprised we couldn't cash in monkeys and birds after, but I will just toss them into the bank for next year. I just had fun with it and took a break from the daily rep and dilith grind
Space chatter is soothing~
Captain
# 1116
07-23-2014, 08:54 AM
Yeah! I had a fun time on Risa Summer 2014 and won my 2x Risa Ships for each toon. I wish I did raise up the birds a bit and now you can't do it as I am reading.. Got extra favors and pearls for next summer ready.

Thanks DEVs!

Time will only tell!
Career Officer
# 1117
07-23-2014, 09:17 AM
I had a lot of fun with the summer event. Thanks Devs.
Captain
# 1118
07-23-2014, 09:48 AM
I didn't bother with much of the summer stuff other than the odd run to earn favors for some swimwear. Reading the complaints about the hoverboard race was being griefed with cover shields made me avoid it and avoid buying a hoverboard. The ship didn't look like it belonged in the Star Trek universe so I didn't bother with that as well. The grind for it also really was a big deterrent. It's the same old, same old every day in this game.
<--------------------> <--------------------> <-------------------->
Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
Captain
# 1119
07-23-2014, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiecrook View Post
I didn't bother with much of the summer stuff other than the odd run to earn favors for some swimwear. Reading the complaints about the hoverboard race was being griefed with cover shields made me avoid it and avoid buying a hoverboard. The ship didn't look like it belonged in the Star Trek universe so I didn't bother with that as well. The grind for it also really was a big deterrent. It's the same old, same old every day in this game.
Agreed. Cruise Ship? Seriously? This was the biggest turn-off for me - to such a point I didn't want anything to do with it.

I did the Summer event long enough to fly a couple of times and get the corvette on each alt for 40 credits, that was it.

I was really looking forward to this event, had fun last year, but this year...meh.

Sorry, Cryptic, but lets get back to spaceships that look like spaceships, please.

Suggestions:

1. Have a custom bridge and interior...for a custom ship.
2. Let players wear swimsuits in the Cruise ship. (As far as I understand, swimsuits can only be on Risa.)
3. Make a ship that looks like something that belongs in space.
Star Trek Battles Channel - Play Star Trek like they did in the series!Avatar: pinterest-com/pin/14003448816884219Are you sure it isn't time for a "colorful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
SCE ADVISORY NOTICE: Improper Impulse Engine maintenance can result in REAR THRUSTER LEAKAGE. ALWAYS have your work inspected by another qualified officer.
Commander
# 1120
07-23-2014, 02:13 PM
My feedback on the summer event?

I was on risa about 3-4 times during the entire event.

Boring, repetitive, uninspiring, ridiculous ship, crappy hover board race.

Where did all the imagination from last year go?

Not looking forward to next summer... or this winter.

Your Javelin deals 125417 (89066) Disruptor Damage(Critical) to Tholian Recluse. > lol