Lt. Commander
# 1 First Officer Console
02-11-2010, 05:36 AM
I have an idea for a change that I would like to see in the future. This would be the inclusion of a first officer console to use once your playable character reaches the rank of either Captain or Admiral.

In order to use it, your character will have to have level 9 in each of his 8 skills, which would unlock a bonus 5th skill which would be his 1st Officer skills.

This skill could be any skill in the entire game at any level, provided you (the captain) or a bridge officer candidate could teach it to him.

There would be a drawback to this however. When manning this first officer console, this officer would only have 1 space skill. His specialized skill. It would be the only one he could use at that station. You could replace him at his old station with a new officer which could be trained up as normal.

He would keep all his ground skills to use on away missions.
---

This idea would help give the game a ST feel with the addition of the 1st officer, and it would be even for everyone because people could pick any skill they wanted.

Just my thoughts.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-11-2010, 05:48 AM
I would like to see a First Officer as well. What about the Chief Engineer/Chief Security Officer or Chief Medical Officer? I think it would make a great addition to the game.

TJS