Lt. Commander
If it wasn't for the fact they are using the Star Trek IP, this game reminds me of Hellgate London the more I play it.

Instanced zones only able to support small amounts of live players? Check
Central hubs crammed with people but nothing to provide a social atmosphere? Check
Fun yet extremely repetitive combat with a limited variety of weapon types? Check
Lack-luster preorder and fluff items? Check
Vague promises of content and fixes coming soon via patches? Check
Glitchy unfinished areas and watered down pvp? Check
Same guy who created HGL and lifetime subs then drove it into the ground now working for Cryptic? Check

HGL servers are now defunct and shut down, long before lifetime(founders) got their monies worth of support and play time. Will STO stuffer the same fate? Tune in next episode of.....
Attachment 3508
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-10-2010, 08:26 PM
I would not be suprised if your predictions came true.

~ Foulwin
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-10-2010, 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lx31
Same guy who created HGL and lifetime subs then drove it into the ground now working for Cryptic? Check

Attachment 3508
He's working for Cryptic but he has nothing to do with STO, so it's kind of a moot point.

I was there for CO, and I assure you that that is leagues worse then this game. If CO can hold a membership, I have no doubt that STO can either.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-10-2010, 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitaku View Post
He's working for Cryptic but he has nothing to do with STO, so it's kind of a moot point.

I was there for CO, and I assure you that that is leagues worse then this game. If CO can hold a membership, I have no doubt that STO can either.
you also have to add in to the fact that with the IP it could turn in to a niche game like EvE. I can tell you that the server is set up for that, because there is only one server, so if the pop does fall all they would have to do is remove some of the instance servers. personally I don't think that's going to happen, ether way this game is not going to fail, it will succeed, or turn in to a niche. ( which isn't a bad thing )
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-10-2010, 08:54 PM
HGL is still alive and going strong... ish
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-10-2010, 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat
That's the funniest thing I've read all day. Seriously. Good humor.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-10-2010, 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat
In korea right? I havent found any American servers that I couls tap into...
yes, I still have HGL installed O.o

And Ive seen a mirror copy of the beta-to-launch attitude of the betaers and the subs here as in HGL. Im hoping this game lasts more than 8 months tho
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-10-2010, 10:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobFlowers View Post
That's the funniest thing I've read all day. Seriously. Good humor.
Well it's true.
*pat on your butt for not knowing everything*
Now hop along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great_Milenko
In korea right? I havent found any American servers that I couls tap into...
yes, I still have HGL installed O.o

And Ive seen a mirror copy of the beta-to-launch attitude of the betaers and the subs here as in HGL. Im hoping this game lasts more than 8 months tho
Bingo. Never said where it was still live. :p
Also got HGL installed.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-10-2010, 10:00 PM
HG:L is far from dead, it is actually making a comeback as Hellgate-Resurrection or Hellgate-Tokyo. Even then it was never really dead due to the included single-player mode. (I tend to install it every now and then when i get the craving)

Though I guess that's still poor consolation for the lifers...
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-10-2010, 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
, ether way this game is not going to fail, it will succeed, or turn in to a niche. ( which isn't a bad thing )
well... i have my suspicions that there is some back room money wrangling going on now between Cryptic and Atari and other interested parties....

Like what happens if Atari doesnt have the funds they owe crptic... or wont pay out all of it because of the state of the game? Either of them could just walk away. Or what if you are a dev and havent gotten that bonus yet.. do you keep deving or do you walk like most other people in those situations do. Something just tells me that everything is well behind the scenes.