Lt. Commander
# 31
02-11-2010, 03:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidheadjax View Post
The Collective sounds... emotional, now.

That can't be good.
So, if the Borg are going emo, does this mean we should just give them a bat'leth, some Cure recordings, and let them sit in a corner and cut themselves while they whine about life in the Collective, and how no one understands them?
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-11-2010, 05:39 AM
Haha, nice trailer but you made a spelling error at the beginning

it says: Borg Nexus - GAMA Orionis instead of GAMMA

You guys have it with spelling don't you
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-11-2010, 06:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2orat
The video is new - there are about 8 videos in que of different sto things/subject matter floating out in marketing space somewhere so you should more STO videos popping up on the web.

More faction videos

Points of Interest Guide Videos

are just some examples...

Can you ask your fellow website developers to put a link to the new videos in the "Videos" section of the Media dropdown list? It would be nice to find it in there as well as on the new front page of the site.

Also, it may be worth them categorising the videos section, so that it's easy to navigate through and find the videos you want. Spreading them across multiple pages isn't very user friendly.
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-11-2010, 06:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarka View Post
Can you ask your fellow website developers to put a link to the new videos in the "Videos" section of the Media dropdown list? It would be nice to find it in there as well as on the new front page of the site.

Also, it may be worth them categorising the videos section, so that it's easy to navigate through and find the videos you want. Spreading them across multiple pages isn't very user friendly.
Not commenting on your comment but rather your avatar... I was literally taken back to my Baulders Gate II days.... I miss those simple, yet complex games.....
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-11-2010, 06:58 AM
Ok, finally got to see the trailer. Apparently for some reason I cannot fathom, I needed to log out in order to see the video. When I was logged in I got taken to the main site and I couldn't find the trailer anywhere on there. But as soon as I logged out I got the page where the trailer is with the option to continue to the actual site.

So yeah, it would be nice if the new videos were added to the media section of the main site so this wouldn't happen.

The trailer was awesome btw, even though the borg sounded kinda weird.
Lt. Commander
# 36
02-11-2010, 07:04 AM
Nice video. I like it.
Lt. Commander
# 37
02-11-2010, 07:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremnosh View Post
Ok, finally got to see the trailer. Apparently for some reason I cannot fathom, I needed to log out in order to see the video. When I was logged in I got taken to the main site and I couldn't find the trailer anywhere on there. But as soon as I logged out I got the page where the trailer is with the option to continue to the actual site.

So yeah, it would be nice if the new videos were added to the media section of the main site so this wouldn't happen.

The trailer was awesome btw, even though the borg sounded kinda weird.
Yeah, a slight oversight on Cryptics part which needs to be addressed now and when posting movies on the site in the future.

For those who cant get to the page that shows the video, heres the link:

http://www.startrekonline.com/splash?redir=frontpage

P.S. Whilst we're on the subject of the site movies, I think its about time that the marketing / website bods produced some more videos for each of the ship classes. Gameplay footage of each class and rank of ship would perhaps help with drawing in more players. At the moment, the ship listing page is looking a little under-developed.
Lt. Commander
# 38
02-11-2010, 07:29 AM
Hm i think i like this era of borg, Looks amazing although i won't be able to face them just yet