Lt. Commander
# 11
02-11-2010, 07:53 AM
Why should I have to pay $15 a month to have to generate my own content or rely on fellow gamers to generate it? That's the devs' job. If they make the game F2P, then we can talk.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-11-2010, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleysRule
Why should I have to pay $15 a month to have to generate my own content or rely on fellow gamers to generate it? That's the devs' job. If they make the game F2P, then we can talk.
Players generated content doesn't mean Cryptic won't create PVE content.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-11-2010, 08:19 AM
Can you imagine the Nerd Rage when hundreds of player generated parodies infest the game? The Hardcore Trekkers would explode just form the thought...
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-11-2010, 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerIIC View Post
Can you imagine the Nerd Rage when hundreds of player generated parodies infest the game? The Hardcore Trekkers would explode just form the thought...
The players created content would be sorted and rated by the players as in COX. I tried it lately and I was able to find an hilarious US political parody, then a dark hardcore lore mission in less than 5 clicks. A few searching features and you're all set.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-11-2010, 08:22 AM
Well, i forsee any User Generated Content to be purely optional and not part of the game's canon. So if someone makes a quest that has Kirk, Picard, Janeway, Ross, Q, Sulu, Leonard James Aka'ar, Guinen, Shut Up Wesley, Archer, Barney the Dinosaur, Goku, and Jesus all partake in a battle, everyone can pretty much ignore it for the new***gotry that it is.

As for gaining XP from UGC, i can see that being either SEVERLY limited, or non existant. I'd play UGC for story, not leveling.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-11-2010, 08:23 AM
I think this could work actually, there are episodes in the next generation series that were written by fans. So if it would be organized by Cryptic, meaning all player made episodes would have to go trough them, yeah, it could work.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-11-2010, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis714 View Post
I'd play UGC for story, not leveling.
Same here. I'd like to work on a story arc too, with others players.

My wet dream : a team of holonovelists from USA, Germany and France working together to produce a 24 episodes season translated into the three languages with one new episode every 2 weeks. That would be neat.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-11-2010, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delazure View Post
Same here. I'd like to work on a story arc too, with others players.

My wet dream : a team of holonovelists from USA, Germany and France working together to produce a 24 episodes season translated into the three languages with one new episode every 2 weeks. That would be neat.
*Raises hand to volunteer*

I would be happy doing these episodes even if there was no loot or Skill Point award, or if the awards were only presented once a day no matter what mission you ran. Making it feel like an Academy training mission or the Holodeck. I hear CBS is not on board with the idea, citing IP concerns.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-11-2010, 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS-Andromeda View Post
I hear CBS is not on board with the idea, citing IP concerns.
Ouch this would hurt. Any official source for that, or is it just rumors ?
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-11-2010, 11:30 AM
A mission designer/level designer would be awesome. I could finally start setting up my character's species background on the Telsh'ran and if the can give us some decent special effects... Wooo the warp core for the colony ships....

*Cackles* I'm all on board for this.