Lt. Commander
# 1 BO Cooldowns
02-10-2010, 09:51 PM
Anyone got a list of which Bridge Officer powers share a universal cool down? Or at least an explanation as to how the game decides which ones are on shared cool downs.

As it stands right now I'm so hesitant to spend BO skill points at each new tier until I test out all my new skill combinations to make sure there isn't something conflicting with another power. For instance I'll probably never run a ship with both Science Team and Tactical Team, as using one triggers a cool down for the other, which generally means you will have one or the other up, not both.

Any help would be appreciated.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-10-2010, 10:05 PM
Powers that share the same system have shared cooldowns. So all Emergency Power To ... powers have a 20 second global cooldown when you use one. All Team powers (Sci, Eng, Tac) use the crew, so they have a 20 second global cooldown. Polarize Hull and Hazard Emitters both use the Hazard system so they share a cooldown.

Having a shared cooldown is not the end of the world. I use both Polarize Hull and Hazard Emitters and find that they cycle nicely. Same with Emergency Power to Shields/Weapons.

Check the system each power uses and you'll be able to figure out which give shared cooldowns.