Career Officer
# 171
06-03-2014, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollthor View Post

thank you for taking the choice away from us, thank you for forcing us to play the content you want us to play, thank you for not beheading us while we are allowed to live in your virtual realm,

thank you!
there it is! the content U (cryptic) want us to play! i heard that term quite some times by now and can tell one thing:
i don't want U to choose for me what content to play! I want U to provide a versity of content from which I can choose what I want to play and which provide same opportunities for toon-progression! pvp in this case.... and by pvp i mean: PVP ONLY! thx.

it could be so easy already, look my sig ... (and still with that solution i would make waaaaay less dil than in any pve in the same time )

Klink: House of Beautiful - J'Luc / Rommie: Lag Industries - D'Waste
Join Date Hoster: Dec 2011 - Join Date Symbiont: 1403 A.D. and not a dull moment
PLZ ADD MARKS-TO-CHOOSE PACKS AND AFK/LEAVER PENALTY TO PVP PUBLIC QUES (not privates!)
AND DON'T TOUCH OUR DIL!!!

Last edited by wast33; 06-03-2014 at 02:13 PM.
Career Officer
# 172
06-03-2014, 01:01 PM
Just pushing me out the door a little more with the pvp changes
my new saying is "cryptic made me do it" in lieu of the the "devil"
Member since January 2010. I AM NOT A PWE FAN!!!!
Career Officer
# 173
06-03-2014, 02:16 PM
Cryptic nerfing STO one player at a time.

Just curious if they know if there is no player base, there is no paycheck?
Star Trek Online, where the developers think it is alright to play a game with a FPS rate of 10 or worse. Blame it on the players system that ran just fine before Season Nine.
Ryche of Hammer Squadron
Captain
# 174
06-04-2014, 03:45 AM
Yay, Balance!!

[ <<<--- @Maelwys --->>> ]
Republic Veteran
# 175
06-05-2014, 12:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsnapped View Post
We will be bringing down the Tribble server for maintenance to apply a new update: ST.40.20140525a.2

[
Systems:[/list][*]Shield Absorptive Frequency Generator:[list][*]The effects of the Shield Absorptive Frequency Generator console will no longer become active until the user has at least one shield facing below 90% maximum capacity.[*]Updated all descriptions and tooltips to reflect these changes.
another nerf? or has it actually been tested properly this time? is the console still worthwhile or has it become worthless? anyone managed to get some good testing on it? I've not had a chance and it seems that less than week for tribble testing before hitting holodeck seems a bit rushed.

Last edited by wazzagiow; 06-05-2014 at 01:01 AM.
Career Officer
# 176
06-05-2014, 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tk79 View Post
Covert is giving 1,000% Exploit Damage... is this correct?
http://xibreula.com/tk79/covert_1000...oit_damage.png

[EDIT] Lucky giving 1,000% shtuff too...
http://xibreula.com/tk79/lucky_1000_...ce_exploit.png
I tested this further and it seems to be just a typo or a missing decimal point. Still, freaked the hell out of me when I saw it.

The tooltip says 1,000% but the bonus applied is 10%.
Career Officer
# 177
06-05-2014, 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by muhadeeb View Post
now lets see here. 6/2/14 at 4pmest on steam there are 2000 players playing sto thru steam. lets be generous and say 8000 more are playing the game world wide[very generous].if each player spends 20 bucks pre week, which not even half really do we come to the realization that this game is not even meeting payroll anymore
4PM on the east coast, 1 PM on the west coast, on a Monday.

Oh gosh, surely having only 2000-8000 unemployed students playing STO is a sign the game won't be making money.

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk
Ensign
# 178
06-05-2014, 07:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyne123 View Post
I do not think you realise a lot of your income comes from this type of farming. You will be hindering your income if you go ahead with this particular update.

One. people who can't buy zen due to finances or country! won't be buying Zen to Dilithium as often as they are now.

I'm not sure you realise how much this boost's your own revenues as it is. It encourage's people to buy zen to exchange for Dilithium. Do this change and it'll cut off a lot of dilithium income, stumping the purchases on Zen. which will effect how much people will buy zen to get Dilithium.

And it won't encourage people to buy zen. If this is your hope.

Help me here. I am struggling to understand how this affects Cryptics income. They are closing a way of using freely farmed Dilithium to obtained what would be by definition free zen from the free dilithium. So with all this free free free going on, what income of Cryptics will be affected by this change?
Career Officer
# 179
06-12-2014, 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snipey47a View Post
Help me here. I am struggling to understand how this affects Cryptics income. They are closing a way of using freely farmed Dilithium to obtained what would be by definition free zen from the free dilithium. So with all this free free free going on, what income of Cryptics will be affected by this change?
Allow me to help you understand how they have made money from Dilithium.

People spend Dollars (insert what ever currency in the real world you're using) to BUY Zen.

People then put the Zen up for sale on the Dilithium Exchange.

That way people have been able to buy Dilithium for Dollars, which equals profit for Cryptic.

Is that a clearer picture for you?