Empire Veteran
# 21
05-30-2014, 03:00 PM
Some great fixes, but the arena farming is going to hit a large crowd.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Career Officer
# 22
05-30-2014, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marthita View Post
All the Romulans and Klingons cloakers are now laughing all the way to Ker'rat.
TDG isn't the balance issue, TDF is. TDG is only usable on the Nebula and has a long cooldown. TDF can be used on any ship and has a comparatively short cooldown.

They are probably doing this to mask the fact that their engine can't handle drawing the grid with all the pets and stuff that are in the game these days.
http://hilbertguide.com
Captain
# 23
05-30-2014, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marthita View Post
The nerf bat has swung when nobody asked for it to swing. All the Romulans and Klingons cloakers are now laughing all the way to Ker'rat. Now to restore balance back, give the AA console to the Fed side.
Um...that's the TDG they're changing. Not to be confused with the TDF. The TDG's been complained about by folks all over the place because of the massive lag/latency spike it causes by folks dropping it all over the place as a form of griefing.

edit: Lol, "all over the place" twice? I guess it's just a case that it is one of those "all over the place" visuals when folks drop it in Crystalline or the Undine SBZ while fighting PKs.

"Wheeeee, this is kind of fun. Oopsie...my bad."
Fleet Admiral Geist, Klingon Science Officer
Arcadia, Benthan Assault Cruiser

Last edited by virusdancer; 05-30-2014 at 03:08 PM.
Career Officer
# 24
05-30-2014, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsnapped View Post
All repeatable PVP missions for Fed and Klg (arena and scenario) are now set to a 20 hour cooldown.
I do not think you realise a lot of your income comes from this type of farming. You will be hindering your income if you go ahead with this particular update.

One. people who can't buy zen due to finances or country! won't be buying Zen to Dilithium as often as they are now.

I'm not sure you realise how much this boost's your own revenues as it is. It encourage's people to buy zen to exchange for Dilithium. Do this change and it'll cut off a lot of dilithium income, stumping the purchases on Zen. which will effect how much people will buy zen to get Dilithium.

And it won't encourage people to buy zen. If this is your hope.
Career Officer
# 25
I'm happy for the fleet-mark only Starbase project, but I have to ask why it only values the marks at 50%. I mean, I know why, but still... that's kind of mean.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
"all of the props" ????

*double faints.

Floors? A carpet, any carpet? A roof?

Thank you, Taco, or whoever did this. I really hope this patch note is somewhat accurate. Thank you.
All of the props, means props, not all of the all of it. I don't think I included any of the structural parts (roofs/floors/supports). My hope is to get the ESD map in one of these days, but it's a bit of a bigger task, and I need design help for that.

Edit: Just confirmed that there is some other stuff* that got in and avoided patch notes. I've informed our patch master, and the extras should be noted in the Holodeck Patch notes next week.

Sorry about that.

*Cue Kirkfat triple fainting. . .
-The Artist formerly known as Tumerboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybobcnc View Post
Tacofangs, what is your beef with where's Sulu?

Last edited by tacofangs; 05-30-2014 at 03:21 PM.
Career Officer
# 27
05-30-2014, 03:11 PM
Also, I notice the buff to the Oberth console, which is nice, but what of the B'rotlh console, which before was the mirror of the Oberth console? (weapons and engines) Will it receive a similar update?
Career Officer
# 28
05-30-2014, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
All of the props, means props, not all of the all of it. I don't think I included any of the structural parts (roofs/floors/supports). My hope is to get the ESD map in one of these days, but it's a bit of a bigger task, and I need design help for that.
Just for the record, as someone who HAS requested the ESD map...

Maybe it would be best to wait until Club 47 is on that map.

As it stands, people would like SFA's shuttle area (granted, we don't have SFA yet) and the absence of Quark's from the DS9 Foundry map (or from the Foundry altogether) has been a limiting force.
Lieutenant
# 29
05-30-2014, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsnapped View Post
We will be bringing down the Tribble server for maintenance to apply a new update: ST.40.20140525a.2
[*]All repeatable PVP missions for Fed and Klg (arena and scenario) are now set to a 20 hour cooldown.
This patch is full of good and bad things. This is probably the worst one. If you thought the "rewards" for PvP matches were bad, it has just been changed to complete and utter garbage. Thanks for giving people one less incentive to PvP in this game.

Sarcasm warning!
Thanks to whatever brilliant developer thought of this change.
Captain
# 30
05-30-2014, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Is this
a) a change to the currently random dailies, in which case it is good
or
b) a nerf to the previously repeatable PVP missions?

If it is b), then shame on you.
Yeah, I completely missed that as well. Considering it takes 15-60 minutes per match the rewards are well earned. This completely kills any incentive to do more than three PvP matches per day if it hits the normally repeatable PvP missions. I realize some people abuse the missions to farm dilithium, but that could have been curbed by initiating a one hour cooldown upon picking up a PvP repeatable mission.
--------------------------------------------------
Real join date: March 2012
PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)