Lt. Commander
# 1 How do I get a new ship?
02-10-2010, 10:41 PM
I know how to edit my ship but how do I seel it and get a new one? How do I have more thank 1 ship? I see some people with ships that look just like Voyager etc. How do I get that? Can I be a Ferengi and have a Ferengi ship?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-10-2010, 10:46 PM
You will only have access to Federation vessels, apart from the Klingon gameplay unlocked at Level 6 or Stop the Signal (as I recall).

New vessels are made available as you rank up. There are 10 grades for every rank. So your first option beyond the starter vessel comes at "essentially" Level 11 (which is Lieutenant Commander rank 1).

Level 11 = New and free ship.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-10-2010, 10:48 PM
You can only have Federation ships; being that you're a Federation officer that makes sense. The only exception is if you play Klingon; then you get Klingon ships.

You get a free ship at each promotion for that tier. So, at lvl 11 you get a T2, and lvl 21 you get a T3, etc. You get promoted when you have used up the skill points for that command; you will know you used enough when the Admiral hails you with congratulations and tells you to go back to Sol Starbase.

When you get there, talk to him. He'll give you a chit and tell you where to go to turn it in. Once you get your new ship you can customize it in the Shipyard, change it's name, etc. Be sure to click 'select ship' to pick which one you want to fly of your fleet. You keep the previous Tier of ships, unless you delete them.

You can not sell ships.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-10-2010, 10:50 PM
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...light=suricata

There's an excellent post about pretty much everything you want to know about the ships (including an amazing ship chart).

You basically get 1 free ship per rank promotion. You can buy more with energy credits. You can find the ship vendor on Starbase 1 by using the turbolift above the shipyard.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-10-2010, 10:53 PM
Thanks!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-11-2010, 03:17 AM
Once you hand over the chit from the Admiral to the women in shipyard acquisitions, make sure you go back downstairs and see the guy near customization guys to select your new ship.

I was caught by this, got my new ship but couldn't work out why it didn't look any different to my origianl one