Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
02-16-2010, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn
Theres a counter to attack pattern alpha? generally your going to find that more counters exist for hostile debuffs/holds than for self buffs. it has nothing to do with me thinking that ONE is op

edit: and thanks for finding the typo!
I was just pointing out that including one career ability (and effectively pointing out that it has limited counters) might come off as a bit....biased?

At the very least you should include an addendum for Rotate Shield Frequency, which is no less powerful than RSP, and actually extremely powerful when combined with RSP stacking. Just my opinion though...

Edit: Also many would consider RSP an excellent counter to the massive damage buff of Attack Pattern Alpha and tractor beam/tykens rift/gravity well/target engines will reduce the mobility buff.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-16-2010, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoOverdose View Post
I was just pointing out that including one career ability (and effectively pointing out that it has limited counters) might come off as a bit....biased?

At the very least you should include an addendum for Rotate Shield Frequency, which is no less powerful than RSP, and actually extremely powerful when combined with RSP stacking. Just my opinion though...

Edit: Also many would consider RSP an excellent counter to the massive damage buff of Attack Pattern Alpha and tractor beam/tykens rift/gravity well/target engines will reduce the mobility buff.
touche, I'll add that to the to-do list.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-21-2010, 09:36 PM
nice list, this : Incorporate career abilities , needs to be done asap imho, as I need to know if I am using my special captain ability, what BO ability I am denying myself.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-21-2010, 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordkosc View Post
nice list, this : Incorporate career abilities , needs to be done asap imho, as I need to know if I am using my special captain ability, what BO ability I am denying myself.
im still working on getting a list of all the different career abilities together, I will add them when I can get a complete list (need most of engineering and science)
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-21-2010, 10:30 PM
Technically you probably could consider Photonic Officer a soft counter to SNB.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-23-2010, 12:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugh View Post
Wrong not broken at all.

Soft counter stop firing.

150 damage for each shot you take with it ends someone with rapid fire cannons in an eye blink
It also halves their damage.
Hard counter could be Hazzard emitters, not sure tho, hazzard emitters does take of plasma fire and radiation last i checked.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-23-2010, 03:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodlance View Post
if you can do 25k with beam overload you deserve to die to feedback pulse, as you will kill the target and yourself with it.

There is nothing wrong with feedback pulse atm, you can max out hazard team or what ever it was called and it heals you about the same as feedback pulse harms you. ( if the dmg you do is constant and not spiked ).
...So what you're saying is this: A fed has to pop an extra ability (Hazard Team, which does not cover the damage) just to be able to dps a Klingon using FBP while he does FULL dps to the Fed? FBP is not overpowered, its just one-sided. Feds do not have the option to install cannons to counter this on: any Cruiser, any Science Ship. At least let FBP affect cannons also, that's only fair........

and btw, when you realize FBP is up and stop firing a whole cycle of firing continues resulting in another loss of at least 30% of your hull.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-23-2010, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlademagePSN
Hard counter could be Hazzard emitters, not sure tho, hazzard emitters does take of plasma fire and radiation last i checked.
hazard emiters won't heal for nearly as much as a powered up feedback pulse, but the resistance buff helps you survive long enough to pull off of that target. At best it would be a soft counter, but even then general healing can be considered a soft counter to alot.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-23-2010, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kontact
...So what you're saying is this: A fed has to pop an extra ability (Hazard Team, which does not cover the damage) just to be able to dps a Klingon using FBP while he does FULL dps to the Fed?

I wouldn't say *FULL* dps. The fact that FBP is based on current aux typically means that any klingon character with it active either doesn't know how to utilize it properly (or is using it to just scare the opponents from attacking them) or won't be doing any damage worth noting with their energy weapons. If you're hitting someone with a turret and are taking at least 2x damage feedback, then their aux setting is high and their damage output potential is very low. Target someone else. If the feedback is low damage, just pop Hazard Emitters and finish them off. It can be difficult to tell in the heat of battle, but I've found that the same players tend to play consistently throughout a match when it comes to power allocation with certain skills.

For RSP, I've seen Tachyon Beam used with amazing results. If two aux-based ships use it on anyone with low shields that uses RSP, it seems to still drain shield power. I was suprised how quickly I died when I got hammered with a couple of them after using RSP at about 30% shields. It's gotta take a lot of coordination to pull off properly though.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-23-2010, 02:33 PM
A whole bunch of stuff doesn't need to have a counter listed because to waste a power on countering it would be madness!

For example Tactical team. Counter : SmilIe, for this poor sucker just left himself without science team for 20 seconds! Finally a target which viral matrix and jam sensors will work on!

Or the engineer captain skill Nadion inversion: Applaud Captain for remembering to use this. Not that it does anything good, but for the sheer perseverance to still have this on the bar must be recognised!

Oh, to be serious then:

The tier 2+3 engineering skills are
EPS transfer : +25 power to all systems and the effect of a 1.2ish EPS console.
Counter: This counters energy drains, energy drains counter this. Depends on how you want to look at it. :p

Nadion inversion : Weapons cost half energy for ~30 seconds every ten (or 11?) minutes.
Counter : Fight a sane person who equips only the energy weapons that their EPS can support rather than someone with 8 energy weapons so they can make use of this every ten minutes!

Science tier 1
Sensor Scan: 70% ish damage resist debuff to target and some perception buffing.
Counter: Science team (pretty sure it clears it anyway).

Sci tier 3:
Dampening field: Large energy weapon damage resistance buff aoe
Counter: Use kinetic damage.