Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 51
05-06-2010, 08:35 PM
Just to clarify:

Jam Sensors - System: Sensor Array. Jam Targeting[*sic] Sensors prevents the enemy from targetting you
~hard counter: science team

If someone uses Jam Sensors I, I must use Sci Team I or II to counter.
If someone uses Jam Sensors II, I must use Sci Team II to counter.

correct?
Lt. Commander
# 52
05-06-2010, 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaesun
Just to clarify:

Jam Sensors - System: Sensor Array. Jam Targeting[*sic] Sensors prevents the enemy from targetting you
~hard counter: science team

If someone uses Jam Sensors I, I must use Sci Team I or II to counter.
If someone uses Jam Sensors II, I must use Sci Team II to counter.

correct?
no, any rank of science team will counter any rank of jam sensors as long as it correctly removes the debuff.

in situations with multiple debuffs it may not remove the correct jam sensors.
Lt. Commander
# 53
05-06-2010, 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn
no, any rank of science team will counter any rank of jam sensors as long as it correctly removes the debuff.

in situations with multiple debuffs it may not remove the correct jam sensors.
Ok that has happened to me multiple times in PvP and and I just could not figure out why they were not showing back up. Thank you.

Could you clarify "multiple debuffs"? I assume you mean Jam Sensors I from one person and Jam Sensors II from another?
Lt. Commander
# 54
05-06-2010, 08:51 PM
Quote:
Ok that has happened to me multiple times in PvP and and I just could not figure out why they were not showing back up. Thank you.

Could you clarify "multiple debuffs"? I assume you mean Jam Sensors I from one person and Jam Sensors II from another?
That too and if you get e.g SnB`d, scrambled etc. ST will take away one debuff but not nessecary Jam sensors.
Lt. Commander
# 55
05-06-2010, 09:03 PM
Quote:

Debuffs fall into three catagories, tactical/engineering/science (fire on my mark, vm, jam sensors for example, respectively).

lets say that you have scramble sensors 1, fire on my mark 1, and jam sensors 1 on you;

if you use a single science team there are two debuffs that it can remove; normally it follows a first in first removed order, but sometimes it doesn't (ya its wierd).

if you use a single tactical team though, it would only have 1 debuff it can remove and would remove fire on my mark
Lt. Commander
# 56
05-06-2010, 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devoras_Serenitus View Post
Faith, the list needs an update with the 1.1 patch. Some skills needs a new description like FBP (add ALL energy weapons, not just beams) and VM. (No longer a hold)
It still needs fixing you lazy little **** :p
Lt. Commander
# 57
05-06-2010, 09:33 PM
Quote:
It still needs fixing you lazy little **** :p
point it out to me please >_<
Lt. Commander
# 58
05-06-2010, 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn
Debuffs fall into three catagories, tactical/engineering/science (fire on my mark, vm, jam sensors for example, respectively).

lets say that you have scramble sensors 1, fire on my mark 1, and jam sensors 1 on you;

if you use a single science team there are two debuffs that it can remove; normally it follows a first in first removed order, but sometimes it doesn't (ya its wierd).

if you use a single tactical team though, it would only have 1 debuff it can remove and would remove fire on my mark
ok, this has been making me rip my hair out for months... now I understand. Me and my now bald hair thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 59
05-06-2010, 09:35 PM
Quote:
Faith, the list needs an update with the 1.1 patch. Some skills needs a new description like FBP (add ALL energy weapons, not just beams) and VM. (No longer a hold)
OMG. Read the quote Faith.
Lt. Commander
# 60
05-07-2010, 05:05 AM
Quote:
Me and my now bald hair thank you.
you can probably buff that