Lt. Commander
# 1 Viral Matrix
02-10-2010, 11:35 PM
Anyone else think this thing lasts way too long? I get hit with this thing and it's pretty much an instant death if the enemy knows how to focus fire. I'm really not sure how long it lasts, I'm guessing around 30 seconds. Discuss?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-11-2010, 12:58 AM
1) If you have the science team buff on you (before it hits) you're fine. If you're hit with VM and no science team going however, you're not so fine.

2) If you pvp in a group, have a team member put science team on you once you get hit with it, this also takes it off.

3) They're nerfing it soon, so don't worry. By this I mean you can use science team while under the effects of VM, which is an improvement.

Bottom line is, pvp is balanced for groups, not for individuals. And as much as we all hate and protest it when we hear it, most games are like this anyway. But hey friends are cool.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-11-2010, 01:03 AM
It's only about 15 seconds, but in PvP it's a sure death setence probably...

I'm not much of a pvper, but I love using it in pve. It's fun to shoot at sitting ducks.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-11-2010, 01:15 AM
can't wait for the science team fix. viral matrix is so annoying in pvp .. get 3 viral matrix in a row and you know what i mean .... i think the cooldown should be adjusted in addition ..
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-11-2010, 06:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by H.Ramone
can't wait for the science team fix. viral matrix is so annoying in pvp .. get 3 viral matrix in a row and you know what i mean .... i think the cooldown should be adjusted in addition ..
cd wont be adjusted (or that would mean overhaul reshaping of all abities's cds) and having 2 VM in a build is perfectly viable regarding gcd issue. The only other skill who share the VM gcd is Scramble Sensors (the one who makes everyone targetable and looks like a friend), wich is, while being fun to use, far less useful than VM (PvP speaking).
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-11-2010, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodarkore View Post
cd wont be adjusted (or that would mean overhaul reshaping of all abities's cds) and having 2 VM in a build is perfectly viable regarding gcd issue. The only other skill who share the VM gcd is Scramble Sensors (the one who makes everyone targetable and looks like a friend), wich is, while being fun to use, far less useful than VM (PvP speaking).
Thought it would be one of the fixes for the upcoming patch, but no =.= Sigh more VM harassment from klinks
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-11-2010, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by H.Ramone
This is just an unfounded rumor that has now come to be accepted as inevitable fact. The devs aren't going to make viral matrix breakable (while under the effect) by a tier 1 skill; get real. It would be overkill, and would render the ability useless.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-11-2010, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbox77
This is just an unfounded rumor that has now come to be accepted as inevitable fact. The devs aren't going to make viral matrix breakable (while under the effect) by a tier 1 skill; get real. It would be overkill, and would render the ability useless.
Not unfounded. The devs already made a post in one of the threads in which science team should be usable while under the effect of it.

found link:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...03#post1919503