Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-15-2010, 01:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainX3
Is there any chance I could get a copy of that game from someone? It's obviously not sold any longer...
I would gladly send you a copy of my game with all the pieces intact. But is it legal? The game is bankrupt and is no longer sold. Is there any legal reason I could not give someone a copy of this now?

Its about 19 megs zipped.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-15-2010, 01:57 AM
The Birth of the Federation was my favorite!
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-15-2010, 02:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Hawk_Olivaw View Post
I would gladly send you a copy of my game with all the pieces intact. But is it legal? The game is bankrupt and is no longer sold. Is there any legal reason I could not give someone a copy of this now?

Its abandonware! so there is no problem tbh!
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-15-2010, 02:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Baron
Snap!!! i used to sit for hours playing that as a kid
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-15-2010, 02:15 AM
Here is a link to a screen of some of my most rare pieces -
http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/9333/stqco.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-15-2010, 02:17 PM
Quote:

The game is definitely abandonware. You can buy used copies off of ebay, but there is nowhere you can get all the pieces that I know of.

As abandonware, it's legal now to give away copies of the game. You can't charge real money for it, but you can give it away.

I would love to get a copy of the game. I'd even pay for it with energy credits or something lol.
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-11-2010, 09:29 AM
I would love to play against someone, if that is even possible. What I really need, as stated in another thread is the entire "Data" directory, as all the images didn't download on my copy. All I have from the expansions are a bunch of red Xs instead of piece images.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-06-2011, 02:46 PM
hey I would love to get hold of this game again :-) i have the disk but no pieces :-(
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-06-2011, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smc4175 View Post
The Star Trek CCG online game was designed by Decipher Inc and later Digital Deck made the online version.
Eventually DD sold the rights to World Apart and they got bought out by Sony Online.

Deciper hit finanical problems and didn't renew the licience and online TCG game closed down .

Worlds Apart later SoE Denver made Lord Of the Rings Online TCG which is due to close this year.

The old CCG game was a lot of fun back in the day

OMG... I think I spent almost $900.00 bucks on ST:CCG...

I still have all my cards.... all packed away in plastic boxes... I think I still have about 20 packs that I never opened...

Was a lot of fun, played in a few local tourney's.

I never got into the online version, I was having too much fun with the cards.

Was kinda sad when it died out.

Man..., when I stop and think about all the Star Trek games I have bought through the years... heh...

I still have every one of them... I wonder what they are going for on eBay... LoL

Not that I'd ever willingly part with them... but when I retire... who knows... might keep me eating and the bills payed someday.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-06-2011, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltesh
Snap!!! i used to sit for hours playing that as a kid
I still fire it up every once in a while even today.
Closed Thread