Lt. Commander
I see various threads here from Fleet Admirals who are suffering the usual mmo plague of thefts from the fleet bank but are concerned about naming and shaming for fear of having thier thread removed by Cryptic.

I was of the understanding that you could mention the facts as you see them including the offenders in game name so long as you do not call them out in the thread title? Indeed the only post of this sort I have seen moderated has been one where the offender's name was in the title of the post.

Either way, unless Cryptic you want to offer an answer, let's use this thread as a test shall we?

Reply here with the ingame names of individuals who have stolen from your fleet bank attaching screen shots if at all possible as proof.

This will be a twin test, will Cryptic sesnor us? and can the forum act with enough maturity to only post genuine instances or will this descend into a pathetic namecalling exercise?

nb. Let's keep the posts to the facts - no offensive language or name calling. Just say what happened, when, who and how much (with screenshots?).

Fleet Admirals should be able to communicate among themsleves in this manner, there should be no need for censorship.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-11-2010, 01:03 AM
no you can not.

Post will be edited and locked
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-11-2010, 01:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciferhawke View Post
no you can not.

Post will be edited and locked
How do you know this? Are you speaking from experience, certain knowledge or opinion as I have seen, and indeed anyone can see, that this has not been the case by searching for posts which contain 'theft fleet bank' key words.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-11-2010, 01:16 AM
because those dont name names.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=111249

Here's one
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-11-2010, 01:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciferhawke View Post
because those dont name names.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=111249

Here's one
My friend, take a look at this one that does indeed name names and no censorhsip has been applied and there are others.....

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...eft+fleet+bank
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-11-2010, 01:26 AM
Well you asked and i showed you one. Just because they are slow on the moderating doesnt mean it's not there.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-11-2010, 03:06 AM
I know back in Champions, I got banned from forums for calling out an individuale and giving them my thoughts

1 I was banned for harrasment 10 days
2 I was banned for calling them names premanate

I had to brown nose for awhile before my ban was lifted, but to this day in my account, it says :

Forum account : Banned
Lifted : never
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-11-2010, 03:24 AM
I doubt Cryptic will suddenly do a 180 in their 'no naming' policy for the Fleet Bank issue.

Does it really suck if someone loots your fleet bank? Certainly.

Does it suck that the same person is probably going to do it to someone else? Yes it does.

What makes it worse is that the 'controls' put in place regarding fleet bank access are apparently bugged and are not working properly, thus a fleet that is actually acting responsibly can still get hit through no direct fault of their own.

However, that being said, without any sort of official and unbiased confirmation of the accusations, the 'naming names' policy is ripe for abuse. Don't like a particular player? Get yourself and a few fleet mates to accuse them of robbing your fleet bank on the forums. If they even visit the forum, it would be your multiple voices against their sole denial.

The only confirmation I would accept is a Cryptic GM, and they're not going to take the time to get involved with such things, even if it wasn't against their standard practices to begin with. Screen shots can be edited, and thus are invalid as 'confirmation'.

In short, the potential of abuse and consequences of it are just as bad, if not worse, than a naming names policy.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-11-2010, 03:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wd_harding
How do you know this? Are you speaking from experience, certain knowledge or opinion as I have seen, and indeed anyone can see, that this has not been the case by searching for posts which contain 'theft fleet bank' key words.
Could be he read the very first post on this page, which is there for all to see and has always been there. Namely, the rules and guidlines post.

In case you can't look up....
http://forums.startrekonline.com/ann....php?f=120&a=2