Lt. Commander
I just went into a signal contact, and there were only two of us. Five Draguas Cruisers and a Zilant Battleship spawned on top of us. I barely got away from the alpha strike and was able to run away with barely half my hull in tact. These numbers NEED TO GO DOWN!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-11-2010, 08:43 AM
I agree, many space encounters are pVE gankfests. Hey guys, lets warp into fifteen Romulan battleships already firing at you as soon as you break into normal space...
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-11-2010, 08:50 AM
Mob sizes are fine.

The spawn system, however, is not. You're right in that 5+ ships shouldn't be firing on you before you even finish warping in.

If fixing the spawn system is too much work for them, the Devs should at least implement a 10 second invincibility/non targetable timer so you can full impulse away from the ambush. (Unless you shoot at them first, then all bets are off)
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-11-2010, 09:09 AM
It's fine.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-11-2010, 09:34 AM
Yeah I never encountered this till I got to Romulan content, every time I entered an encounter I was pretty much insta ganked by 15 ships, need to fix the spawn. Not so much balance though.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-11-2010, 09:55 AM
YOu do know that You can change instances.... WHEN DEAD... or wait for the attackers to move on to respawn or wait for other players to arrive before respawning.... or just change instances before you respawn
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-11-2010, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chenchuan View Post
YOu do know that You can change instances.... WHEN DEAD... or wait for the attackers to move on to respawn or wait for other players to arrive before respawning.... or just change instances before you respawn
or warp back to sector space before the first shot is fired? there is abotu a 5 second window where you can warp out even if you're in combat. This works great when you get sucked into deep space when you don't want to be.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-11-2010, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamGoddessLindsey View Post
I just went into a signal contact, and there were only two of us. Five Draguas Cruisers and a Zilant Battleship spawned on top of us. I barely got away from the alpha strike and was able to run away with barely half my hull in tact. These numbers NEED TO GO DOWN!
Sorry but no thanks... the number of ship is fine.... maybe give us a few more second to get some speed but no protection zone like in pvp where we have some heavy turret protecting the respawn point because people will use those to get free kill...
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-11-2010, 04:54 PM
Actually, I find it very fun.. when you warp in, bam you in the middle of a serious fight, sound like that Startrek to me,.. never know what to expect or what you going to encounter.

I like it the the way it is, having to deal with that many ships, really teach you how to use your abilities.. I have die plenty of times, in those situations, but each times I am learning. and now, I taking out 3 or 4 of them before I died, it use to be zero.. now I seeing a steady rate of holding my own for awhile. If anything, if you also play pvp, which I do.. this is an ideal setting to learn how to react and use your abilities, which will come in handy when facing 3 or 5 kling firing on you..
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-11-2010, 05:00 PM
How can you take out any ships when you're dead within 15 seconds? Sorry, but no. The numbers are NOT fine. I was waiting for the next encounter to start when FIVEDRAGUAS CRUISERS AND A ZILANT BATTLESHIP SPAWNED ON TOP OF ME. Sorry, but there's NO WAY to overcome those odds, and no way to even take one of them with you. There is nothing to learn, no magical strategy by which you can win. My shields were dropped in five seconds, and I would have died if I hadn't hit Evasive Maneuvers and ran out of there immediately.

Even then, going back in would have been suicide. Two people can't take on a fleet of tier 2 and tier 3 ships. Anyone who claims otherwise is plain and simply a liar.