Lt. Commander
# 11
02-11-2010, 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamGoddessLindsey View Post
Even then, going back in would have been suicide. Two people can't take on a fleet of tier 2 and tier 3 ships. Anyone who claims otherwise is plain and simply a liar.
I've done it. Learn to use all your abilities. You can also evasive out of range while they are ganking someone else and come back.

But the fact is you are complaining about tier 1-2 stuff which is silly easy. Try it in tier 3 where you will be tractored and viral matrixed the whole fight. And I have still done it with 2 people.

Oh and protip: You can just instance hop to one that isn't on cool down.
Lt. Commander
# 12 Fix the spawn-in
02-11-2010, 04:14 PM
The spawn-in needs to be a "safe" zone.

It might work for this instance for someone who wants a challenge - but the same mechanic seems to be used to spawn into any zone. It isn't just coming out of warp into a system for PvE. Pvp or multi-faction zones become spawn-camper paradise and a fiery hell for anyone trying to warp in.

The players who participated in the End of Beta Event know where I am coming from on this. More multi-faction MMO events like that would bring a huge amount of life to STO. One a week or even one per month would help keep players hyped until they can get more multi-faction content worked into the game.

The Devs put in a Klingon Invasion mission and then threw in a Borg Invasion curve ball on everyone. It was awesome - Yet the forum was full of Cryptic hate during and following the event due to primarily two major problems: Server Capacity/Lag and Spawn Camping. The server capacity issue is being improved. That leaves a solution for the spawn camping when multiple factions enter a zone as the other big issue in the way of events like this - as well as any Fleet Actions that would involve more than one faction. It needs to be addressed.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-12-2010, 12:02 PM
this is well addressed in the later posts in this thread :
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...22#post2058922
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-12-2010, 12:42 PM
edit: wrong post
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-12-2010, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamGoddessLindsey View Post
H There is nothing to learn, My shields were dropped in five seconds, and I would have died if I hadn't hit Evasive Maneuvers and ran out of there immediately.

Even then, going back in would have been suicide. Two people can't take on a fleet of tier 2 and tier 3 ships. Anyone who claims otherwise is plain and simply a liar.

Seems to me, you did learn something, you hit evasive maneuver and ran out of there, sound like a what a smart capt would do, when facing overwhelming odds and firepower .. sound like STO..

As far your claims calling people a lairs, kind of rough, just because you cannot do it.. does not mean others cannot, and they are liars.. I seen two people takes on a fleet before including myself and win, and it happen to me the other night. I warp in, seen a cruiser in a mist of one of these battles at 30% surrounded by 9 or 10 ships fighting like crazy, I play a science class in a science ship, I pop him a heal right away, and fire a scramble sensors to the one of the battleship or cruisers, and for the next 15 sec.. they were fighting each others, he went to evasive maneuver to get out of range, I follow and pop another heal on the guy and then we both start focusing on the weakest one, together we took it down really fast, and by that time, they starting firing on us again, use another heal, my scramble sensors cd was just about up and ready to go.. hit it again... pop another heal to the guy.. now he back at full strength, and then the both of us took on the fleet, by working together, repeat scramble, focus on the weakest, and we won.. So yes, it durable : It called patience, strategy, tactics, adapt and remaining cool