Lt. Commander
I can't figure out what the set bonuses are for the MACO and Omega space sets are. Does anyone know what these are? It takes so much time to get up the ECDs and borg tech to buy these that I do not want to just buy one to find out if it happens to tell me more at that point.
If there is somewhere in game to find the set bonus descriptions then that works as well.
Thanks for any help
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-03-2011, 01:58 PM
Just right-click the item icon in the vendor window and you'll get all the information about the item + all set effects.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-04-2011, 11:54 AM
And there's this:
http://www.stowiki.org/Set
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-04-2011, 12:04 PM
Both the wiki and the "right click" info menu have blanks where the set bonus (or set powers) should be for the omega set. In the wiki they seem to have the bonus for the MACO set. In the game, they are both blank.
So, to repeat my question, where can I find the set bonus/set powers (for the omega set anyway)?
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-04-2011, 07:03 PM
For example http://www.stowiki.org/Omega_Force_H...mpulse_Engines

"set powers" doesn't look blank to me.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-04-2011, 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigadoom
For example http://www.stowiki.org/Omega_Force_H...mpulse_Engines

"set powers" doesn't look blank to me.
That's because I got someone who has the gear to read me the descriptions and I entered them in the wiki today. It still would be nice if they were visible in the set description in the game and not blank though.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-06-2011, 09:17 AM
ya i have this same qusestion though what do they do?cause i was wondering if the grind was worth it after i got my borg set in 2 hrs.would like a side by side set bonus comparison.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-12-2011, 04:56 PM
I can say with strong opinion that the Heavy Graviton Beam (the third power in the MACO set) is pretty terrible. At a glance, it sounds cool and useful. In practice, it's lame and not worth it.

It's minor energy weapon that takes 3sec from clicking the power and the beam firing and hitting target- and then has a 3min cooldown. It supposedly repels/immobs target- and it does... for about 1.5 secs
The dmg is minor (usually around 1-2k) and the side effects of -126% to flight speed or either broken or too low to notice.
Mind you, this is all my opinion for it's effects against BORG... the foe it was designed for. I have not tried it in PVP but I suspect the long activation time and recharge time make it ill fitted for PVP.

It's terrible and needs love badly.

If anyone has adifferent opinion and thinks it's the bees' knees, please let me know how you are using it and when, as I fully admit I don't see how it can be useful in any situation other than a "neat" way to finish off a foe that has no shields and less 1000 hp left.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-12-2011, 05:15 PM
[quote=AaronZ]That's because I got someone who has the gear to read me the descriptions and I entered them in the wiki today.
QUOTE]

+1
Good of you do you that, sir.
The community thanks you.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-09-2012, 08:33 PM
Supplemental question:

If I own the entire set of MACO, or Omega, but I buy the weapon from the other one, does the weapon need to be active for the set bonus? Or does the second slot weapon still provide bonuses?

For example, If I own the MACO set, and I am wearing it, but I have the Omega weapon active, do I still get the full MACO bonus?