Lt. Commander
# 1 automatic fire
02-11-2010, 05:16 AM
Newby here..

can you set the fire of the star ship to automatic? I suddenly noticed a green outline around my foton torpedo thing.... would be nice... am clicking my ass off in a fight

where can I exchange my badger for stuff? How do I know how many I have?

Any tips where to get the most points/money?

thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-11-2010, 05:19 AM
I second the first 2 questions.

I'll get my money eventually by nust playing.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-11-2010, 05:40 AM
Only one weapon per 'rack' can be auto-fired at a time, under normal circumstances. By 'rack' I mean fore and aft. If you right click them quickly enough, you can auto-fire two weapons per rack.

Money in STO is pretty useless, don't let people trick you into thinking otherwise. The only good it is, is buying stuff off of the exchange, which is inherently expensive as it is most of the time.

Badges are where it's at. Exploration are redeemed in the Starbase 01 Starship Requisition room, and PVP badges at the K7 station.

If you really are into moneygrinding though, PVP nets alot if you win, but it's usually better just to vendor-sell all the common drops you get. The uncommon and rare stuff is definately food for the exchange.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-11-2010, 05:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWyvern View Post
Only one weapon per 'rack' can be auto-fired at a time, under normal circumstances. By 'rack' I mean fore and aft. If you right click them quickly enough, you can auto-fire two weapons per rack.

Money in STO is pretty useless, don't let people trick you into thinking otherwise. The only good it is, is buying stuff off of the exchange, which is inherently expensive as it is most of the time.

Badges are where it's at. Exploration are redeemed in the Starbase 01 Starship Requisition room, and PVP badges at the K7 station.

If you really are into moneygrinding though, PVP nets alot if you win, but it's usually better just to vendor-sell all the common drops you get. The uncommon and rare stuff is definately food for the exchange.
Well, I don't know if I'd agree with this. Some of the prices on the exchange are outlandish, but there are great deals to be found as well. I think I had one Mk IV part on my cruiser, going to the exchange two days ago I was able to fit out all the rest of it with Mk IV stuff for around 20K.

I'm sure it'll even out with time, but you can find some crazy deals on there now.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-11-2010, 05:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertCras View Post
Newby here..

can you set the fire of the star ship to automatic? I suddenly noticed a green outline around my foton torpedo thing.... would be nice... am clicking my ass off in a fight

As part of this question has already been answered, I'll add the following:

Pressing the Spacebar will fire any BEAM weapons bearing on your target at the time it's pressed. If those weapons are set to autofire, then they will continue to fire as long as the target is in range and line of sight (and, of course, still active. )

Pressing CTRL-Spacebar will fire any torpedo weapons that are bearing on the target at the time it's pressed.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-11-2010, 06:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon47
As part of this question has already been answered, I'll add the following:

Pressing the Spacebar will fire any BEAM weapons bearing on your target at the time it's pressed. If those weapons are set to autofire, then they will continue to fire as long as the target is in range and line of sight (and, of course, still active. )

Pressing CTRL-Spacebar will fire any torpedo weapons that are bearing on the target at the time it's pressed.
Maybe I'm being dense here, but I don't think anyone here has said HOW to set something to autofire?
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-11-2010, 06:24 AM
Just right click on it. It will turn green. Then once you start the firing sequence it will continue. You have to start it though.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-11-2010, 06:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarevok View Post
Maybe I'm being dense here, but I don't think anyone here has said HOW to set something to autofire?
Right click it.

If its lagging (rubberbanding, etc) try right clicking fast on more than one weapon and they will, after a few tries, be set to autofire as well.

Ive never been able to have more than two in front and two in rear on autofire though.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-12-2010, 09:25 AM
Same here, I can only manage to get two weapons to automatically fire so I think it's made that way...
I don't see the point in not letting all weapons fire automatically, spamming space is not that fun..
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-12-2010, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Issith View Post
Same here, I can only manage to get two weapons to automatically fire so I think it's made that way...
I don't see the point in not letting all weapons fire automatically, spamming space is not that fun..
i think they said right now its limited by engine capabilities but they are looking into ways to get more to fire.