Lt. Commander
# 51
02-11-2010, 07:02 AM
the pulled the account server offline, so the game cannot see if you are a suscriber "unable to authenticate" is its way of tellin you this!!! and the accounts are all on the same server normal and those with special chacters in them.
Lt. Commander
# 52
02-11-2010, 07:04 AM
This maintenance is complete and the problem should be solved.

I believe you were trying to login while the account server was down, please try again. If problems persist, please contact customer service.
Lt. Commander
# 53
02-11-2010, 07:09 AM
Wait...What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrypticOps
If problems persist, please contact customer service.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH!
Lt. Commander
# 54
02-11-2010, 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWC_Freezer
Smulx, I guess you have never really read the ELUA. Yea, thats the license agreement that you checked you agree to when you installed and began to use the game for the first time. I suggest you go back and read it. If you are not familiar with MMORPG games, I can tell you first hand that these kind of problems are typical, especially with a new game, the alternative would have been for us to wait many months, or even years for the game to be "perfected". (Ever heard of Starcraft 2? haha) No thanks on the waiting, I will tolerate a few down times to get to play the game even tho it has a few bugs.

Keep up the good efforts Cryptic, some of us appreciate it.
Spot on Freezer. Some peoples expectations can never be met, whether this is they're first MMO / not. You would think they would know better.. On another note I cannot believe the amount of people posting here that do not read previous posts before posting

To those asking about Klingon content, read the patch notes if you haven't already.
Lt. Commander
# 55
02-11-2010, 07:11 AM
My account is still wrecked
Lt. Commander
# 56
02-11-2010, 07:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternus
So on a lighter note, anyone hear anything about new Klingon content?
oooo ooooo I know the answer to this one.

There isn't any.
Lt. Commander
# 57
02-11-2010, 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dualgeefour View Post
Some peoples expectations can never be met, whether this is they're first MMO / not.
Expectations? Like being able to play the game they paid for?
Lt. Commander
# 58
02-11-2010, 07:25 AM
okay, fair enough about not being compensated for play time...

How about fow the 30 mins I wasted an hour ago on a mission. I was seconds away from completing it and the server goes down. I just logged back in and my progress has been reset. Awesome.
Lt. Commander
# 59
02-11-2010, 07:29 AM
I still cant login. i installed my steam version of ST OL last night went to launch and it first said "unable to authenticate". Now it says accoutn error cotnact billing support. what a fantastic first impression. i contacted billing support witha ticket but who knows when or if it will get resolved. i took the day off work to play this too
Lt. Commander
# 60
02-11-2010, 07:32 AM
Quote:
Star Trek Online is up! However...

Currently we are experiencing issues with accounts that have non-basic characters in their name. We will be bringing down the account server for a short period as soon as we can to address this issue. In the meantime we appreciate your patience.
Quote:
This maintenance is complete and the problem should be solved.

I believe you were trying to login while the account server was down, please try again. If problems persist, please contact customer service.
Still can't connect to the log-in or account server!!!

Did y'all actually remember to add the underscore character to the list this time?