Lt. Commander
# 11
02-16-2010, 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seam
If the player is able to break the program, then who is really to blame? The player who was just trying to test the boundaries of what the game would allow, or the programmer who did not even foresee this possibility? I think the answer to this is fairly obvious.
... and included in my posting. However, your reply seems to confirm my accusation of the "player"-part in this matter.
You know, the "not really reading whats happening" thing.

When I keep thinking about this, I'm actually starting to consider it as being some sort of "natural selection" - those who can't follow the simplest tasks & orders will run into a brick wall, those who can shall proceed.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-16-2010, 10:36 PM
Besides, further thinking about this, I believe that even if a game would be sophisticated and bug-proof enough so that a 1-year-old with only one arm could not only master it but also not encounter any problems, someone would still manage to find and / or do something that would get him or her stuck in some way.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-17-2010, 01:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DK-Starfire

- Some players are obviously either too lazy or too stupid to FOLLOW AN INSTRUCTION.
This is simply just not the case. If it was i wouldn't have paid 1 nrg to buy my first upgrade and still have the choose a ship mission. Buying another ship should have triggered the mission to continue, it didn't. At the end of the day the mission(s) are buggy and at least you should be able to drop the mission.

On a personal note it would have been nice if you'd have been constructive rather than abusive... but i guess we all know a word for that, don't we.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-17-2010, 02:40 AM
same here did writ a gm ticket more than a week ago..
Lt. Commander
# 15 Me Too
02-17-2010, 02:56 AM
I've had the exact same problem and it's driving me potty. My ticket has been pending for 6 days now with no responce.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-17-2010, 10:36 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if it takes a while for them to get to this bug as its a relatively minor problem.

That being said I'm an admiral with the Promotion to Lt Commander mission
Lt. Commander
I have the exact same issue.. I posted a ticket to the GMs and got a response after a week... I am guessing it is our fault somehow and there is really nothing wrong with the quest...

Here is what I put in for the quest.
I am stuck. the quest tells me to Choose Starship from Lt. Laurel's Store. I have chosen a starship, made it active and flown missions with it. I have also purchased at full price a second T2 starship still with no success. The mission is not updating and when I tried to talk to Lt Laurel in the shipyard again, the mission will not update. Please fix this asap......

Here is the reply I get from Customer Service.....

We have reviewed the game play issue you described and have confirmed that it is working correctly. To better ensure that all players have an equal and fair playing experience, we do not provide information on actual game play or hints regarding missions. Furthermore, you may be able to find assistance with similar questions by seeking out the assistance of other players in game or visiting the official forums which can be reached through the Community link at the top of the launcher. Thank you for playing!

So choke it up Gentlemen, apparently it is our fault or we are just not doing it right.... yeah right....
Lt. Commander
# 18 Can't even make Lt.Cmdr.
03-03-2010, 12:39 AM
I have encountered a problem with becoming a Lt.Cmdr. I am currently a Lt. 14. Spock constantly refers to me a s Lt. Cmdr. when I level up but none of the other characters recognize this and I had the understanding that at level 12 I would become a Lt.Cmdr. This sucks because I can't promote anyone or raise any of our skills, let alone equip the ship and ground crew with anything above Lt. . What am I doing wrong?
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-03-2010, 03:06 AM
Thats because you haven't spent sufficent skill points to get the promotion. Look on your character sheet and it will tell you how many more you need to spend to get the next rank.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-03-2010, 03:44 AM
Yeah, this happened to me at first. I flew back to starbase to talk to the admiral only to find that I needed to head back out to do one more mission to get the few extra points I needed to rank up.