Lt. Commander
# 21
03-03-2010, 07:26 AM
I had thought I could save up my skill points and use them later so it may not be neccesary to do more missions but don't use the points inside his officebecause there is a bug that will stop him recognising pounts used there, make sure you go back down to the ground floor.
Lt. Commander
# 22 Need some help.
03-03-2010, 07:28 AM
On the Federation side, I just got promoted to Lt. Commander. i'm actually on my way back to the Sol System to get my upgrades. The game game goes back to the loading screen but never goes back to the game screen. Is there anything that I have to do so I can get this working normal again? The Kingon side works fine it's just this one. Didn't have the problem. Any suggestions?
Lt. Commander
# 23 Lt. Cmdr.
03-03-2010, 12:20 PM
Thanks a million, I spent the points and it worked perfectly!!!
Lt. Commander
# 24 Me too...
03-03-2010, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevscar View Post
Thats because you haven't spent sufficent skill points to get the promotion. Look on your character sheet and it will tell you how many more you need to spend to get the next rank.
I guess I don't understand. I'm at Lt.12, spent 3100 points and have available 4719. All my skills are '9', so I can't spend any more...

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance.

Just_RC
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-03-2010, 09:05 PM
That doesn't make sense .. there are absolutely no boxes to put those points into ? Even ones you would rather have not put them in ?

The level 10+ effect you are showing is what happened to me when I didn't allocate all the required points for the level. Try hovering over the title at the top and it should tell you how many points you need to allocate to get the next rank. Then locate a skill box somewhere, anywhere at least partially useful but you have to find something and put 1 point at a time until it awards you the rank up. It's annoying but it has to be done. Perhaps one of the lower tier ones that will at least add to the higher tier ones and be useful.
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-03-2010, 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BalanceOfTerror
When i went to get promoted to Lt commander i was asked to choose a ship, so i did. However this didnt trigger the continued mission. Now i am a commander i still have the Choose your starship mission from Lt commander.

I cant drop the mission so i will be stuck with it til its fixed. Oh i also tried to buy a t2 ship which didnt solve the problem.

Has anyone else had this? is it a known bug?
I had the same issue. Except this happened to me when I turned Captain, not Lt. Commander. I did everything, talked to admiral, got new ship, went through optional promotion ceremony, but it's still on my "incomplete" list.
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-04-2010, 05:40 AM
Spend them on your BO,s That uses the points. If you look on your characters progress it tells you exactly how much more you need to spend. It is impossible to max you and your BO,s skills and not pass this number.