Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Can't Connect
02-11-2010, 05:36 AM
Ok unable to connect even after patch. This post is to determin if it's a problem with other before I bring it to the devs.

Says server is up.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-11-2010, 05:37 AM
Please read the message that comes up when you start up STO, the account server is down for maintenance so it cannot authenticate you.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-11-2010, 05:43 AM
When I load it it says it's up and has a cute lil green button that would look great on my winter coat

This means it's up.

The message said they would take them down once they found a fix.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-11-2010, 05:44 AM
This is what my client says

Star Trek Online is up! However... Currently we are experiencing issues with accounts that have non-basic characters in their name. We will be bringing down the account server for a short period as soon as we can to address this issue. In the meantime we appreciate your patience.

Where in that message does it say the account server is down? It clearly says they will be taking it down not that it is down. If the account server is down then put up a message to that effect not some wooly statement like this!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-11-2010, 05:45 AM
On an emotional level?

Tell us about your childhood. What was your relationship with your mother like?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-11-2010, 05:50 AM
They said they would take the account server down, it is now unable to authenticate (bottom left hand corner when you try to login), the main server is not the account server.

Please people, its not hard to put 1 + 1 together to make 2
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
02-11-2010, 05:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delynandir
They said they would take the account server down, it is now unable to authenticate (bottom left hand corner when you try to login), the main server is not the account server.

Please people, its not hard to put 1 + 1 together to make 2
Mmmhmm. Mmmhmm. And how did that make you FEEL?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
02-11-2010, 05:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCoyote
On an emotional level?

Tell us about your childhood. What was your relationship with your mother like?
As a Senior Member I would have expected a more mature and constructive response than this but hey-ho, each to their own, i guess thats one of the downfalls of an internet forum, any idiot can join, even me.

Back on topic, is there any indication for the powers that be as to how long the account server will be down as the message displayed in my client (see above) doesn't even say it is down?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
02-11-2010, 05:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgek
As a Senior Member I would have expected a more mature and constructive response than this but hey-ho, each to their own, i guess thats one of the downfalls of an internet forum, any idiot can join, even me.

Back on topic, is there any indication for the powers that be as to how long the account server will be down as the message displayed in my client (see above) doesn't even say it is down?
Yeeeeeah. Captain Tight Knickers - expecting maturity on a forum is like watching a porno for the compelling storyline. Sure, there might be a couple of good moments of dialogue, but in the end, you're going to feel dirty and someone always cries.

Lighten up.

Just a tad.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10 and then......
02-11-2010, 05:56 AM
you could be wrong, sometimes basic math has nothing to do with these type of things.

I get the authentication failed after the patch but my friend sitting 20 feet away has no problem logging in to be patched.

1+1=10

I could do that with imaginary numbers too and still not get 2.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:10 PM.