Lt. Commander
Can you consider and later impliment if possible adventure game elements like puzzles character interactions. Inventory puzzles etc.

Please go and examine ST A Final Unity and 25th Anniversary games to see how ground adventuring in the trek universe could be done if done right as it was in them games. I feel this could be implimented in a trek mmo and i feel would suit sto well.

Introduce some adventure elements into the ships and space areas also. Like intruder missions to perhaps discover a changeling onboard or species 8472 or normal races in disguise. By questioning crew seeing if anyone knows anything find clues deduct who it maybe then confront them. And similar situations. You have trek cannon to go through so you can find lots of gameplay from the shows and movies.

Please oh please avoid a combat orientated game thats not what trek is all about it is only a very small part of it albeit ds9 war.

Maybe this thread can be a source for players input into these types of things like mission ideas gameplay elements that could fit in the game etc. And maybe get a cryptic PR person to stop by and look in now and then to take what we say onboard and discuss inhouse.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-11-2010, 12:29 AM
Hey Skeeter

I'd like that very much as well. You may want to post your suggestion in this thread :

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=102017

A dev posted there and said he finds it handy and well organized. Your suggestions wouldn't go unnoticed.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-11-2010, 12:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkeeterUK View Post
Can you consider and later impliment if possible adventure game elements like puzzles character interactions. Inventory puzzles etc.

Please go and examine ST A Final Unity and 25th Anniversary games to see how ground adventuring in the trek universe could be done if done right as it was in them games. I feel this could be implimented in a trek mmo and i feel would suit sto well.

Introduce some adventure elements into the ships and space areas also. Like intruder missions to perhaps discover a changeling onboard or species 8472 or normal races in disguise. By questioning crew seeing if anyone knows anything find clues deduct who it maybe then confront them. And similar situations. You have trek cannon to go through so you can find lots of gameplay from the shows and movies.

Please oh please avoid a combat orientated game thats not what trek is all about it is only a very small part of it albeit ds9 war.

Maybe this thread can be a source for players input into these types of things like mission ideas gameplay elements that could fit in the game etc. And maybe get a cryptic PR person to stop by and look in now and then to take what we say onboard and discuss inhouse.
.........................+1
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-11-2010, 12:42 AM
Cheers mate im glad u aprove of the suggestion i have copied n pasted the post there.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-11-2010, 01:06 AM
people cant even find sulu and you want to throw PUZZLES at these brain dead saps???!
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-11-2010, 03:27 AM
yup

/10char
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-11-2010, 03:48 AM
I think its a great idea. More interaction and communication choice in abundance please. I would however pass on the inventory puzzle though. That's just a little to specialized for the adventure genre and would be too confusing in a game where there's already hundreds of things to put in the inventory.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-11-2010, 04:53 AM
Real adventure puzzles sound like a great idea. However, it would require a special mission-inventory so as to not confuse them with standard-items.

Also I agree that more choices in conversations that will turn the mission one way or another would be great.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-11-2010, 07:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chenchuan View Post
people cant even find sulu and you want to throw PUZZLES at these brain dead saps???!
With a big button "SKIP" just below the game, it might work. Finding the button would be the "where is Sulu" crowd minigame, and it would be challenging enough yet doable.