Lt. Commander
Ive looked in the key bindings window but didn't find any place to assign a hot key to toggle the rally point location for ground units.

Is there a way to do this without having to click it with my mouse?

Ideally i could push a button and have them go to a rally point of my choosing, push it again and have them return to normal mode.

If i had to set a different button to turn it off that would work too but i would need to know a command for that as well.

Anyone know how?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-11-2010, 07:27 AM
Surely someone knows if this is at least possible...
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-11-2010, 08:24 AM
/back to the first.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-11-2010, 08:28 AM
Thanks to RedwoodElf, in this thread :

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedwoodElf
And now a message from that no good schnook, Botman!

Greetings, Federation do-gooders of the future!

As a mastermind, I abhor the complete lack of control your bridge officers have...why all I have to do is type in

/petcom_all goto

and I can instantly make my minions all go to a specific location. Or, if I want just my robots of one type to go, I can use

/petcom_power <powername> goto

or, if I only want RUME2 to go, I can use

/petcom_name RUME2 goto

And to reverse all of this, all I need to do is replace "goto" with "follow" in the above commands.

My robots will kill you all! My superiour tactical control will doom you all! They laughed when I said I could make an unstoppable robot army powered by Tapioca pudding, but who's laughing NOW?!

BWAHAHAAHAAHAHHAHAAAAAA!
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-11-2010, 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karv
Thanks to RedwoodElf, in this thread :

Thank you very much!
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-12-2010, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksblair View Post
Thank you very much!
I've even added the thread to my signature...maybe the Devs will be able to find the thread more easilly then...heh
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-12-2010, 12:01 PM
YAY! And this is practically the only way to guide your BOs in certain situations, as they're too stupid to do things like go through doors and such half the time.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-13-2010, 06:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobFromAccounting
YAY! And this is practically the only way to guide your BOs in certain situations, as they're too stupid to do things like go through doors and such half the time.
Ufortunately, the /petcom_all goto command from City of Heroes/Villains is NOT functional in this game.

Still trying to find an answer - I can't believe that NO devs and NO players have been able to figure this out.

I mean come on...there are at least 2 ways it COULD work:

/GenButtonClick <button name>

or

/PetCommands <Name of petr command>

and nobody on the entire STO dev staff knows either of these for the waypoint buttons?
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-14-2010, 07:25 AM
"Still no response, Captain."

"The squeakhy wheel gets the grease. Set phasers on "bump", number one."
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-15-2010, 10:54 PM
This has been driving me CRAZY too. I spent 3 hours the other day trying to figure out what the team window was called and the button name using the "auto complete" feature for the / commands.

The closest I was able to get to hopefully solving the mystery was the following command

/GenButtonClick Teamstatus_Teampetplaceteamrallypoint

I thought I had finally struck gold but alas it does not appear to do anything

Also of note i found /GenButtonClick Groundtray_Mode_Button which opens up the layout tray on your hotbars. Since the team window has the same button I tried finding the similar command but once again came up short. Even if we could figure that out we would be half way there. We would know what the actual window name is, then all that is left is to figure out what the dam button is called.

I know this isn't much help but it may spark some new thinking for others trying to hammer this one out.