Lt. Commander
# 1 Plasma Fires?
02-10-2010, 09:17 PM
Is there a power or Bridge officer skill that puts out plasma fires? Always seem to catch on fire from plasma grenades and it is annoying.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-10-2010, 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superpower34 View Post
Is there a power or Bridge officer skill that puts out plasma fires? Always seem to catch on fire from plasma grenades and it is annoying.
I cannot remember the name of the skill but it is a science skill that puts out the plasma fires.

Might be something to do with hazard system.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-10-2010, 09:51 PM
I was asking more for ground combat, sorry. I should have been more clear.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-10-2010, 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superpower34 View Post
I was asking more for ground combat, sorry. I should have been more clear.
That was my fault; I see where you said plasma grenades.

I missed the grenades the first time I read the post.

I can not think of any skill for the ground.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-11-2010, 12:43 AM
I just had a thought; has anyone tried the fire extinguishers from Researcher Rescue? I know the plasma fires have an HP value, so you might be able to put them out that way. I know this because sometimes (for no apparent reason to me) the plasma fire will suddenly have the exposed icon on it
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-11-2010, 12:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUE_The6BillionKgMan
I just had a thought; has anyone tried the fire extinguishers from Researcher Rescue? I know the plasma fires have an HP value, so you might be able to put them out that way. I know this because sometimes (for no apparent reason to me) the plasma fire will suddenly have the exposed icon on it
a friend of mine did just that. used the fire extinguisher and next thing I knew, I wasn't on fire anymore!! I wish I hadn't thrown mine away :p
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-11-2010, 04:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUPilotAU View Post
a friend of mine did just that. used the fire extinguisher and next thing I knew, I wasn't on fire anymore!! I wish I hadn't thrown mine away :p
Uh pretty strange I tested the fire extinguisher on ground plasma fire (both PvP and PvE) and didnt work at all, neither on my on fire BOs. I even tested to give it to a BO, but didnt extinguish any fire, altough being often used by the BO making the battlefield a bit ... night club laser show looking :p
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-11-2010, 05:30 AM
Fire extinguisher didn't work for me either

For removing them, I think that either the science BO or Engi BO debuff remover does it. Can't remember the name of either of them, but there is only one or so in each tier, so shouldn't be too hard to find if you want to check.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-11-2010, 07:43 AM
I did keep my Fire Exstinguisher, and the special device torps you use in the Doomsday Mision. LOL

But shouldnt there be a science ground skill of some kind to help with this issue? Rommies seem to spam Plasma grenades and I am almost glowing blue! lol