Lt. Commander
# 11
02-11-2010, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faelerian
No exploit AoE on pistols from memory, just Compression bolt, which is a single target. A few expose abilities though with dual pistols and wide beams. For exploit, everyone here is pretty much right. Use split beams, either the rifle version, or the autotargeting assault version.
Compression bolt! Thats what I was trying to remember
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-11-2010, 10:27 AM
Hrm. Well, that might work, then! It looks like it has a 6 second cooldown on the single target Exploit, which isn't too too bad. I'm just concerned with not investing skills that synergize in ground combat - at my level, it's really just 'plink at enemies and take em down before they regen shields,' and I'd like to maximize my weapon damage as much as I can. If I can boost pistols AND my tac kits at the same time, I think that might be better than a focus on rifles. *ponder*
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-11-2010, 11:31 AM
You can carry two compression pistols and swap them whenever you perform an exploit shot. Since they are on a 6sec cooldown, you almost always have one available when needed.

Can also speed up reaction time by auto targeting exposed enemies and and performing the alt fire.
/bind 2 "Target_Enemy_Exposed $$ +TrayExecByTray 0 1"

Depending on lag, you can also throw in a command to swap to your alternate pistol. Can't switch weapons while firing, so this will only swap when the weapon is idle.
/bind 2 "Target_Enemy_Exposed $$ +TrayExecByTray 0 1 $$ GenSendMessage Inventory_Root SwitchActiveWeapon"
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-11-2010, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
You can carry two compression pistols and swap them whenever you perform an exploit shot. Since they are on a 6sec cooldown, you almost always have one available when needed.

Can also speed up reaction time by auto targeting exposed enemies and and performing the alt fire.
/bind 2 "Target_Enemy_Exposed $$ +TrayExecByTray 0 1"

Depending on lag, you can also throw in a command to swap to your alternate pistol. Can't switch weapons while firing, so this will only swap when the weapon is idle.
/bind 2 "Target_Enemy_Exposed $$ +TrayExecByTray 0 1 $$ GenSendMessage Inventory_Root SwitchActiveWeapon"
Oh, that is FANTASTIC! Thank you very much, Tatanka! I look forward to heading home and trying this out. Time to equip my away team with some nice AoE expose rifles, and see about being a Compression pistol gunslinger.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-11-2010, 12:50 PM
I like the cylinder AOE rifles, personally. It's fun to run around and set baddies up for linear bowling.

I can often get a Flank off of it too, and wind up mowing down two or three guys in a shot, sometimes.