Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-11-2010, 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodwind
No skill cap would have been the ultimate cookie cutter build. Look, we're all the same!
Ya so now it is just "look" we are all the same or gimped

There will always be a cookie cutter build, and there are several useless skills in the trees. I feel sorry for those who did not know how to avoid them.

The tree.. or in this case random leaves on the ground, just does not make any sense what-so-ever.

Now we get this "Raid Gear" and it too makes skills useless, not so much your old gear, but your skills you chose.

Now past this, the gear itself is not much to smile at. The energy weapons just peirce shields ... may be.. The damage is the same as everything else. Tricolbalt is more interesting though.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-11-2010, 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by onaccountof View Post
There isn't any "prereq" raid gear (If there is, please link or post the Dev info here).
The OP is saying there are only 2 type of Weapons choices available, and more should be available, I agree.
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=113184

Quote:
- A Daily Star Cluster mission which grants Marks of Exploration for use at an exclusive store in the Staging Fleet to gear up for upcoming Raidisode content.
Sounds like raid prereq gear to me. Even if it's not, If it's better than gear currently available, you're gimping yourself if you don't have it, and if it's not better, then /yawn.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-11-2010, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rishara View Post
The marks of exploration give you the ability to buy ship weapons and gear for the upcoming raidisodes. The ONLY choices for weapons are antiproton and tricobalt.

With the skill cap in place, it's not even possible to have both of these maxed out (and if you put points in your ship type, you can only have 1 weapon type 1/2 maxed), so only giving these weapons as a choice gimps you. Plus, it gives us no variety. It is obvious the devs put this in place originally assuming we'd be able to max these out and that EVERYONE would be running these weapon types.

Please, give appropriate weapons of the other types for these marks as well.
I totally agree! Putting only epic Antiproton weapons there and not all other types is just wrong on so many levels...
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-11-2010, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleysRule
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=113184

Sounds like raid prereq gear to me. Even if it's not, If it's better than gear currently available, you're gimping yourself if you don't have it, and if it's not better, then /yawn.
Most of it is very marginally better, the energy weapons are better if you have equal SP spent in them based off the fact that they are purple as opposed to green/blue, but green/blue/purple is a very marginal upgrade on weapons, all you're picking up over you're green mk10's is 2 of the following 3; 2 crit, 20 crit bonus, .1 accuracy. Running a weapon with 9 pts in it makes a far bigger difference. Now Tricobalts will likely still serve a purpose, as they can fill a niche roll even without points in them. (Rear torpedo launchers and mines, both of which aren't fired often at all will likely benefit from the huge initial bursts over other weapons, even without the points to balance them long term)

The energy weapons however, are basically useless as it is.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-11-2010, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yargnit View Post
The energy weapons however, are basically useless as it is.
That is because of the skill cap and people having already specialized in other weapons types, yes... well, what I also find INFURIATING is that they put every kind of Antiproton space energy weapon on that store, while from normal badges you get only a very small choice of weapon types for each energy type (for example, only Tetryon Dual Cannon, Single Cannon and Turret, but none of the two beam types or Dual Heavy Cannons!). While I am still praying for some MK X Tetryon Beam Array and Dual Beam Bank to drop (prices on the exchange are outrageous), if you are going for Antiproton, you get the whole choice presented before you.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-11-2010, 08:55 AM
i have to agree with OP here, seeing the rewards was a huge let down for me.

first of all, why is the pricing different for marks of honor vs exploration marks in some cases?

having only 2 types of starshipweapons available is a joke.
with the damn skillpointcap i am sure as hell not going to invest precious admiral skillpoints for a different proc-chance (now at 2,5% btw instead of 5% and they said it was a "false info" in "some" cases).

i was expecting MK X weapons for all the various energy and torpedo types.

well, lets hope cryptic devs decide to add all the other types later...
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-11-2010, 09:00 AM
The fastest thing they could do to fix this is REMOVE the requirement to spend points to level up from rank to rank, this would allow people to "Bank" their skill points and buy the skills they want. It's very lame that you can only max out one Admiral skill.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-11-2010, 09:12 AM
I must agree, the lack of variation in the Weapon rewards from the Mark of Exploration vendor is disappointing, possibly even bordering on the idiotic.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-11-2010, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazferiti
The fastest thing they could do to fix this is REMOVE the requirement to spend points to level up from rank to rank, this would allow people to "Bank" their skill points and buy the skills they want. It's very lame that you can only max out one Admiral skill.
This is not a solution to the basic problem this thread is about: If your idea were to come true EVERYONE would skill Antiproton because that is the only energy type you can get epics for badges and on top of that, the whole variety of weapon types (beam,. cannon etc) while all others are only available as greens and with very limited variety (and whatever is not there for badges, ends up for ~1 million on the exchange...).

Just put ALL weapons types there alongside with the Antiproton weapons, in all styles, for the same prices, there, fixed.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-11-2010, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rishara View Post
Don't get me wrong, I don't want unlimited skill points, but the way the system is now is just broken. I was just stating that these weapon choices prove that they intended it to be the "ultimate cookie cutter build".

If I max out polaron weapons, I want the choice of high-end polaron weapons.
Are badge bought weapons the best stuff in game at the moment or are random loot drops the better gear?