Lt. Commander
# 1 PvP Bridge Officer Abilities
02-14-2010, 03:50 AM
It seems like the bridge officer abilities have a lot of overlap and redundancy. While this is true for both PvE and PvP, I'm mostly concerned about the PvP applications of these skills and was hoping some fellow players can shed some light if I'm missing something. Keep in mind that I am speaking from a Lt. Commander perspective.

My main concern is If Science Team can be cast on a friendly to heal his/her shields instantly, and provide resistance, and attack science debuffs - then whats the point of Transfer Shield Energy? The later requires an investment in auxiliary and I find that there's no point in using it half the time as focus fire takes ships down almost immediately, and group engagements I find are decided within the first few seconds after the first salvo is fired.

I'd also like to know if there's another way to see through Klingon cloak other than the Science sensor sweep ability. Not only is its graphic somewhat obvious (everyone can clearly see when you're doing it, and I don't know why they felt the graphical effect needed to be that huge) but not everyone has access to it. It's also kind of a shot in the dark.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-14-2010, 04:13 AM
I tell you what KVK is really interesting because of cloak. Everyone is cloaked and someone has to be the victim an decloak or we will die of boredom. I personally am getting really annoyed of people who pop sensor jam as soon as they are hit, but then it really only results in thier teammate getting killed by a klingon double team. So to all feds who use it please realize you don't stop me from targeting your teammates just you.