Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
02-12-2010, 05:41 AM
Word is a difficulty is either in champions now or should be 'soon'. At least I recall there being a mention of it in a post on the champions front page at one stage not to long ago.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
02-12-2010, 06:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolikos
My fault for not being more clear.

I like teaming. I also find the game too easy currently. Unfortunately, as it stands now, it's easier for a group of 5 ships to take on a spawn made for 5 than it is for a single ship to take on a singleton spawn - which, in my weird little world, makes teaming even more boring than running solo (outside of DSEs, FAs, and PvP anyway).

So the OP's suggestion doesn't help me at all.

However, a difficulty slider would. Given that Cryptic had such a thing for City of Heroes/Villains, and given that it actually worked pretty well there, I'm really surprised that it's not in either Champions Online or STO.
I don't think you understand the suggestion. It's not to group and do the missions with the teammate, because as you say, it's even easier that way.
The suggestion is to find a teammate *and each one does his/her own missions alone while teamed*. That way, the instance spawns mobs as for 2 people but you are alone, which makes it A LOT more fun and challenging. I've done this for the last two days, and haven't died yet, but I have finished most battles under 30% hull and had to use all my abilities smartly, which was unthinkable before (usually doing my missions solo I never dropped below 98% hull only redistributing shields once, if that)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
02-12-2010, 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfing View Post
The suggestion is to find a teammate *and each one does his/her own missions alone while teamed*.
Yes, I know. However, if I'm reading the OP right, this was presented as an alternative to the difficulty slider. My point was that I want a difficulty slider for when I'm on a team that's actually acting like a team; thus, the OP's suggestion is not a good alternative.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
02-12-2010, 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolikos
Yes, I know. However, if I'm reading the OP right, this was presented as an alternative to the difficulty slider. My point was that I want a difficulty slider for when I'm on a team that's actually acting like a team; thus, the OP's suggestion is not a good alternative.
Of course, we want a proper difficulty slider. This is just a temporary solution.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
02-12-2010, 07:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolikos
Yes, I know. However, if I'm reading the OP right, this was presented as an alternative to the difficulty slider. My point was that I want a difficulty slider for when I'm on a team that's actually acting like a team; thus, the OP's suggestion is not a good alternative.
You can still use this temporary work-around. Group with 2-3 others who all cooperatively work on the mission, while also including in the group one or two others that are not in this particular mission.

Example:

You join up with two other people, making a three-person team and prepare to go on a mission. You add two other people, who will not be joining you in the instance - that makes it a five-person-difficulty mission for just you three that are actually doing it.

I know it is a silly work-around, but it may help hold off the boredom until they get a real difficulty setting added.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
02-12-2010, 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfing View Post
I don't think you understand the suggestion. It's not to group and do the missions with the teammate, because as you say, it's even easier that way.
The suggestion is to find a teammate *and each one does his/her own missions alone while teamed*. That way, the instance spawns mobs as for 2 people but you are alone, which makes it A LOT more fun and challenging. I've done this for the last two days, and haven't died yet, but I have finished most battles under 30% hull and had to use all my abilities smartly, which was unthinkable before (usually doing my missions solo I never dropped below 98% hull only redistributing shields once, if that)
What level was this at? I haven't actually gotten a chance to try this yet myself at captain.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
02-12-2010, 08:30 AM
I still don't like the idea of settling for quantity rather than quality.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
02-12-2010, 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sresk View Post
What level was this at? I haven't actually gotten a chance to try this yet myself at captain.
last night I was 27 when I did it. It doesn't seem to work with patrols, or ground combat, but works beautifully for space combat in normal episodes. Haven't tried exploration in this setup yet.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
02-12-2010, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolikos
However, a difficulty slider would. Given that Cryptic had such a thing for City of Heroes/Villains, and given that it actually worked pretty well there, I'm really surprised that it's not in either Champions Online or STO.
I do believe NCSoft is the company that added the Difficulty slide to CoX not Cryptic. As far as I'm away Cryptic has never had a difficulty setting feature in any of their games.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
02-12-2010, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zexks View Post
I do believe NCSoft is the company that added the Difficulty slide to CoX not Cryptic. As far as I'm away Cryptic has never had a difficulty setting feature in any of their games.
Nah, the difficulty slide was there long ago, maybe not at release, but soon after, and definitely there when City of Villains was released by Cryptic
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:35 AM.