Captain
# 21
06-06-2014, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dracounguis View Post
C.) Winners per board type. Crap races crap, uber races uber.
I am not wound up in the slightest over this issue, but this particular suggestion does have merit. Kinda like auto racing where they have different classes.
Captain
# 22
06-06-2014, 01:24 PM
Too many complaints when it isn't that hard to grind for favors (100 per hour). As for the desperate people that paid for the boards, I made 70mil EC off them. If you need the accolade, just run the race 20 times, it takes 10 hours or a win.
Rihannsu
# 23
06-06-2014, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryvaken View Post
A friend of mine has the same problem. He finished second and couldn't grab that flag or any of the others. This has happened every time he's raced. He is pissed.

And as to the pay to win complaint, I've beaten enhanced boards while riding a rental. One time I finished first against a standard board (and a third guy who has no board...that was weird) and another I came in second against a well-populated race of standard and enhanced boards. In other races I didn't place but still came out in front of the pack of "I bought a shiny board and don't know how to race" types.

A board helps. Skill helps more.
did he remember to click the button to start the race? If you don't, you won't get anything for it. (Just like the winter race)
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 24
06-06-2014, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderfoot006 View Post
Kidding aside, if someone has a solution to an alleged problem they should post this as well, along with their complaint.
Ummm... I posted some solutions on post #2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dracounguis View Post
SOLUTIONS:
A.) Make all boards the same speed during race time.
B.) Make the minimum tag reward 6, so everyone gets enough tags for the day.
C.) Winners per board type. Crap races crap, uber races uber.
Sometimes I think I play STO just to have stuff to rant about on the forums!

Lieutenant
# 25
06-06-2014, 10:58 PM
I would add that they please make the finish line flags spawn in the same spot. The boards are not great at sudden changes of direction. If the 2nd or 3rd place flag suddenly spawns outside of your current line, the overwhelming probability is that the flag is going to end up behind you and once that happens, even if you are 5-7 seconds ahead of the next racer, you are going to end up with a 'finished' result at best even though the race is presumably over.
Rihannsu
# 26
06-07-2014, 05:50 AM
I still can't comprehend why Cryptic won't get rid of these flags and just make it yet another checkpoint, with automatic rewards given to people who cross the finish line.

Can't really be bothered with the powerboard race, but during winter event there were tons of people who just missed the flag because someone else grabbed it first, while the 2nd/3rd place appears in a different place.

Of course there are ways to deal with this, but overall this should be automatic, not involving any interaction with an object.
Commander
# 27
06-07-2014, 07:25 AM
From what I've gathered the race isn't WAI at the moment anyway, so it'll be interesting to see how it does work once it has been fixed.
As someone who has 2 manned KAGE, 3 manned IGE and CGE, got 8:50 left on the clock (we've since beaten it) as our IGE Speed Run time, been here longer than my join date suggests and put in the effort to learn the game for myself, I would like to put it to you that I know what I'm doing.
Ensign
# 28
06-07-2014, 10:02 AM
Now, where i grinded a Fed board i saw two times another Fed/superior board passing me even faster, the last time the faster board was going on the ground under the water line - what for a hellish bug/exploit is this?!
Lt. Commander
# 29
06-07-2014, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by radastir View Post
Now, where i grinded a Fed board i saw two times another Fed/superior board passing me even faster, the last time the faster board was going on the ground under the water line - what for a hellish bug/exploit is this?!
The below the water line was probably server/client graphics lag, as for them going faster than you that's easy to explain, there are speed boosts around the track and they appear to stack, I just beat two superior boards on a rental to claim first place thanks to those boosts.

Last edited by bejaymac; 06-07-2014 at 12:44 PM.
Ensign
# 30
06-07-2014, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bejaymac View Post
The below the water line was probably server/client graphics lag, as for them going faster than you that's easy to explain, there are speed boosts around the track and they appear to stack, I just beat two superior boards on a rental to claim first place thanks to those boosts.
That would be fine, if it were the speed boosts, but they got away right from the beginning...

The guy floating on the sandy ground has been there the whole race.

Maybe some broken set bonus or something like this?