Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 TNG/DS9 Collectors Uniforms
02-11-2010, 09:30 AM
Hey

I was wondeirng if the TNG/DS9 uniforms are linked to the collectors edition cdkey on the manual you get in the box or is it tied to a seperate code you get on a piece of paper similar to what i got in Mass Effect 2's collectors edition.

Probably doing something stupid but i can't see the uniforms ingame and i have applied my collectors edition cdkey

Cheers.

Impromtu
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-11-2010, 09:45 AM
It's linked to the collector's edition key - you should have access to them automatically. Although right now you can only dress your character, not your boffs. Supposedly a fix is being worked on for this
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-11-2010, 09:55 AM
The pre-order uniforms work on BOff's now too.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-11-2010, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krako View Post
The pre-order uniforms work on BOff's now too.


Oooo, thats what I wanted to hear.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-11-2010, 10:06 AM
Ah thanks for your replies folks i will just ticket cryptic as i can't select the TNG ones all i see is the tng movie, tos and wrath of khan uniforms.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-11-2010, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impromtu View Post
Ah thanks for your replies folks i will just ticket cryptic as i can't select the TNG ones all i see is the tng movie, tos and wrath of khan uniforms.
Just being careful here... but it does depend. For the Collector's Edition, the uniforms should be attached to the DVD key. That's right.

For the Gold Edition, which is the box some countries got instead of the Collector's Edition, the uniforms are actually on a second code.

But yeah, totally - if you have the CE and don't see the uniforms, there probably is an issue. Good luck, hope you get a response from 'em soon!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
02-11-2010, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acyl View Post
Just being careful here... but it does depend. For the Collector's Edition, the uniforms should be attached to the DVD key. That's right.

For the Gold Edition, which is the box some countries got instead of the Collector's Edition, the uniforms are actually on a second code.

But yeah, totally - if you have the CE and don't see the uniforms, there probably is an issue. Good luck, hope you get a response from 'em soon!

Ah i see. All i know is i got the box with the tshirt, postcards etc. Didn't see a uniform slip code thing just the manual with the cdkey on the back. But on the back of the box it says i get DS9 uniforms so im sure Cryptic will help me out ^_^.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
02-11-2010, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impromtu View Post
Ah i see. All i know is i got the box with the tshirt, postcards etc. Didn't see a uniform slip code thing just the manual with the cdkey on the back. But on the back of the box it says i get DS9 uniforms so im sure Cryptic will help me out ^_^.
Uh, if you have an STO t-shirt, what you bought is a Gold Edition box, not a Collector's Edition box. They are two different products with separate packaging and contents.

If you have a Gold Edition, the uniform code is NOT with the DVD code. The DVD code is a standard game code, it has NO bonus items attached.

You should have a separate sheet of glossy paper inside your DVD case (along with the postcards) that has the bonus items code on it.

(I have a Gold Edition; trust me on this one.)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
02-11-2010, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acyl View Post
Uh, if you have an STO t-shirt, what you bought is a Gold Edition box, not a Collector's Edition box. They are two different products with separate packaging and contents.

If you have a Gold Edition, the uniform code is NOT with the DVD code. The DVD code is a standard game code, it has NO bonus items attached.

You should have a separate sheet of glossy paper inside your DVD case (along with the postcards) that has the bonus items code on it.

(I have a Gold Edition; trust me on this one.)
Oh oh.. >_<. Guess im screwed.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
02-11-2010, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impromtu View Post
Oh oh.. >_<. Guess im screwed.
If you DON'T have this additional code, I'm not sure Cryptic can help you...I'd update your ticket explaining the situation, though - you can change the text after you've sent it.

Explain that you bought an STO Gold Edition, but DID NOT receive the second code in your box for the in-game items. You ONLY have the DVD standard retail code. Worth a shot, yeah?

But I strongly suggest you also complain to your retailer or the distributor. It's a problem with the box contents. Unfortunately Cryptic isn't in charge of the box contents for the Gold Edition, because Namco Bandai released that version.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:07 AM.