Lt. Commander
# 11
06-05-2014, 10:25 PM
skill? in this game? thats funny...
Captain
# 12
06-05-2014, 10:50 PM
Its fun... but some issues..

I don't see all those jump points.. sometimes they are transparent and hence difficult to see where to jump. I have graphics at max.

The grabbing flag is a nightmare.. but I will try removing board at finish line.. I have disqualified a few times due to that flag grabbing.

Also once I was like first for a while.. but I flew into a rock.. LOL .. was so mad. (because of my first point)
Career Officer
# 13
06-05-2014, 10:51 PM
It literally is a P2W minigame. It takes absolute zero skill to win, just the the fastest board to buy. All the things you do to increase your speed and find the ideal route are absolutely worthless since someone else with one of the real expensive boards just speeds by without doing all that stuff.
To boldly go and blow stuff up where no man has gone before!
Captain
# 14
06-05-2014, 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seriousdave View Post
It literally is a P2W minigame. It takes absolute zero skill to win, just the the fastest board to buy. All the things you do to increase your speed and find the ideal route are absolutely worthless since someone else with one of the real expensive boards just speeds by without doing all that stuff.
But later, when everyone has the best boards, those who practiced all that stuff will be the ones winning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjwashington View Post
That's right it's going to be another K'vort thread!
Lieutenant
# 15
06-05-2014, 11:28 PM
So I just bought a faster board.

I got the tokens I needed by racing. On a rental board. And placing 1st and 2nd on my last races, coming in 4th or similar all other times. I reliably beat people with quality boards.

Faster boards make it easier, certainly, but there's a degree of skill there too.
Admiral Ryvaken, USS Arthra (NCC-947749), Aventine class.
As the seventy-fourth Rule of Acquisition clearly states, knowledge equals profit. And I am a very rich Ferengi.
Career Officer
# 16
06-05-2014, 11:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dracounguis View Post
Not sure who's idea it was to have Pay-to-Win hoverboards to get monkey tags, but it's a horrible idea. Do you guys actively look for ways to screw up good things or does it just come naturally?
Look at the Risian doffs. Does that answer your question?
FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
Career Officer
# 17
06-05-2014, 11:51 PM
In a couple days, we'll have grinded out the high end boards, and the P2W advantage will be gone. No need to panic about being at a disadvantage on day one. I'm not going to spend a dime, and I think I'll have my UFP powerboard tomorrow.
Vice Admiral Aznia Deet, Federation Ambassador, U.S.S. Federalist
Career Officer
# 18
06-05-2014, 11:54 PM
And the flags really aren't that bad. Just ease to a stop into them, and hammer the activate button when you stop.
Vice Admiral Aznia Deet, Federation Ambassador, U.S.S. Federalist
Career Officer
# 19
06-05-2014, 11:59 PM
For me the worst thing about this mission is the fact that it's only twice an hour. The Winter PvP race happens four times an hour, this one should too.
Starfleet Veteran
# 20
06-06-2014, 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simeion1 View Post
Just to let you know, it is not P2W unless something comes out of your pocket. I grinded to get mine today, and yes the board does make a difference. Anyone can grind for the boards, it is all about what the player wants. Some it might take longer to get it but is is not P2W.
That is incorrect. P2W means people who pay real money have an advantage and beat the people who didn’t play real money. Currently it is impossible to win against someone who has paid real money almost forceing anyone who want to take part to pay to stand a chance. Hence Pay 2 win.

P2W is about putting players in a situation where they have to pay real money to stand a chance.

The thing is you cannot grind and win the boards via the race as you cannot win due to the P2W people.