Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-12-2010, 01:40 PM
Hi, I've complete this quest 7 times now, but unable to turn in. All times was solo'd. All objectives were met leading up to the doomsday device. I have completed without getting killed at all. and with getting killed by the doomsday device, whilst it was firing and when it was exploding from being destroyed. The 7th attempt, I killed everything on all 3 stages, no enemies left and just couldn't turn in the mission before or after warping back to sector space.

Sorry I can't be of any more use really...
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-12-2010, 02:01 PM
I also had a problem with the Doomsday Machine's mission, though it was not tied to completion.

When the time came to confront the Planet Killer and that I had charged the Hargh'Pen torpedoes with the planet's core, fleets of Klingon and Federation vessels were supposed to come onto the scene to duke it out. I saw that back when I was testing the game during Open Beta.

Well, this time, no fleets. No additional Klingon or Federation ships. Just me, and the Planet Killer.

It made the confrontation, to me, considerably less epic.

~ I completed all the objectives until I confronted the Doomsday Machine.
~ I was not teamed.
~ I destroyed the Doomsday Machine.
~ I successfully completed the mission.

Perhaps the above could be indirectly related to the opening poster's problem as well. Maybe.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-12-2010, 02:04 PM
Done this quest in a group of 4 last night.

3 of us had done it before using our own quests and the 4th had only done it as a shared quest thus was re-doing it for the reward.

after finnishing it, the 4th and myself got completion, but the other 2 did not.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-12-2010, 02:25 PM
i have the same problem, but the missiles you get from the mission seems to simply "delete" enemies, tried it in starbase 24, removed a whole squad of BoPs, reported it in a ticket, so hope they fix that, but still ,was a suprise to just see them dissapear
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-12-2010, 02:40 PM
Good info everyone,
We're looking into it now to try and figure out what's happening.

-Continuum
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-12-2010, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibe-r-us
I completed the entire quest...it is all fully checked...blew up the the doomsday device...and it still registers as uncompleted.

also one of my characters has a disruptor gun however it does not show up in his hand, not a major issue just thoiught you might like to know
Wide beam disruptor pistol mk IV? I noticed this too, and I filed a bugreport about it.

Also, Im not trying to troll saying this, but I did that quest last night, blew up the Device and turned it in. What happened though (to me) was that it took a bit longer than normal for the usual OPs window to pop up to give the folllow-up briefing.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-12-2010, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
This is being looked into.

A few questions:

Did you complete all the objectives up to the point of destroying the Doomsday machine?
Were you teamed at the time?
Did you destroy the doomsday device or someone else?

Up until arming the device in the planetary core at least
Yes (he go completion credit)
I destroyed the device

K
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-12-2010, 03:06 PM
Quote:

A few questions:

Did you complete all the objectives up to the point of destroying the Doomsday machine?
1. Yes I completed them all
2. No I wasn't in a team
3. I did.

Admiral Quinn isn't even in my "Hail Starfleet" list, and even if I fly to Earth Spacedock to talk to him in person, he acts as if the mission isn't completed (saysing something like "Go back, we need all the boots on the ground to help in this war" or something like this.)
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-12-2010, 04:03 PM
Same thing here, they should fix the bugs for level missions first, this game is brand new, it's disappointment to come here and hope for an answer, all I get is people in the same situation.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-12-2010, 04:24 PM
Quote:

A few questions:

I had this happen to me a few days ago as well. I completed all the objectives, I was not teamed, and I destroyed the device myself.

After destroying the device, my tactical officer told me we were free to leave the system, but I said, "Not now," because I wanted to scan for anomalies. When I was done, I hit the button near the minimap to leave the system, verified that's what I wanted to do, and then noticed that my mission progress was stuck.

I ended up dropping it and doing it again, and this time when my tactical officer told me it was okay to leave, I agreed with her. I noticed that the mission was marked as completed as soon as I clicked the "Depart system" option in my BOff dialog. At this point I was able to complete the mission and turn it in for my reward.

So it seems to me that the final mission objective ("Return to sector space") is tied to that BOff dialog option, and if you don't click it, it gets stuck. I could be wrong, but hopefully it's helpful information anyways.