Lt. Commander
debated not even mentioning it, but for people reading these forums who have not bought the game yet -- save your money. there will be some "magic patch" in "45 days" that fixes everything, adds content etc etc.. but I wouldn't hold my breath. Just don't buy this game until there is more positive feedback on the forums.

You may ask, "Well why don't I just play it now and wait for the patch? I'd rather play garbage than nothing at all"

No. I thought the same thing. I was stoked about this game, just about as excited as can be.. I just can't force myself to login anymore. I login, say well now what do i do..then just logout. Save your money. This game shouldn't have been released yet, many people are saying that this "big patch" should already be in the game. So after that patch, read the forums, get feedback, then decide if you want to drop $50 + MRC on this game.

to you 95% Star Trek fans/5% gamer people - Use your imagination, but don't be fooled into thinking this is a good game (yet). I know for alot of people, this is the first "mmo" you've played (i can tell by zone chat questions). If you're fine with the $15/mo then by all means, stay. Just don't burn yourself out while this game is crap.

to you 95% gamers/5% star trek fans - You have probably already quit, so I'll see you in tor.

I told my friends that I would never reactivate my WoW account..... Well.. I got some instances and pvp to catch up on.. in Azeroth...

So now to you trolls, yes you can have my stuff, yes "1 more whiner gone" "1 less person out of the queue" etc etc.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-11-2010, 12:57 PM
Don't belive everything that you read. The game has its problems just like a lot of other MMO's at launch. There's far too many haters and carebears out there that want the game to fail. If you're wavering then wait 6 months and then try it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-11-2010, 01:06 PM
Translation: Mom grounded me, and took away my allowance this month. No game card for me.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-11-2010, 01:10 PM
I like this game and will continue to play. I have not experienced the connection issues or lag that I read about. Which is amazing considering I live in the country and have outdated radio wave highspeed internet.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-11-2010, 01:14 PM
I am loving my time with the game. Have had very few issues so far. It is best to make your OWN judgement, and not rely on others opinions. To me, and my friends, it is worth the $15/mo. Cryptic appears to be on the ball to me, they fixed a lot of bugs AND added the first of the endgame content in w/ todays patch. That shows me they are moving forward, which is more than enough for me.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-11-2010, 01:15 PM
Content? Didn't they just release a great deal last night (1 week 2 days earlier than promised)? They also will be releasing raidisodes every 2 weeks as well.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-11-2010, 01:18 PM
Have fun in WoW. In the meantime, everyone else will be playing STO.

Zodack@Zodack, mail me your stuff, don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Closed Thread