Lt. Commander
# 31
02-12-2010, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty_Diodes
Hopper in 1990, Bacon in 1991

Next up: Yvonne Craig
TV/Movie...

After hanging up her toe slippers, Yvonne worked on Batman, the series, with Adam West. Who was in Meet the Robinsons with Laurie Metcalf, who was in JFK with Kevin Bacon.

And the next person: Frank Gorshin
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-12-2010, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessa Holly
TV/Movie...

After hanging up her toe slippers, Yvonne worked on Batman, the series, with Adam West. Who was in Meet the Robinsons with Laurie Metcalf, who was in JFK with Kevin Bacon.
And the next person: Frank Gorshin
Same exact answer, hold the toe slippers.

next up: Alfred Abel
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-12-2010, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Same exact answer, hold the toe slippers.
I figured you would at least go the Robert Wagner route.

Le Sigh...
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-12-2010, 09:35 AM
Quote:
I figured you would at least go the Robert Wagner route.

Le Sigh...
Nah- Occam's Razor (Rusty edition): The simplest answer is usually the easiest.

But these have been too easy for us. I think I've given you a better challenge with Alfred Abel. I'm quite certain, actually.
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-12-2010, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Nah- Occam's Razor (Rusty edition): The simplest answer is usually the easiest.

But these have been too easy for us. I think I've given you a better challenge with Alfred Abel. I'm quite certain, actually.
That was specifically for me? I took a film class in college and when you said Challenge, I remembered something about a lecture we had in regards to obscure foreign film. The guy CHALLENGED us to figure out the country they were made in.
He was in 'The Flame' (GERMAN, probably not this name in German) which had Pola Negri as a women of questionable virtue. She was in the Moonspinners (Disney movie, Hayley Mills, so it's funny Negri was in it) with the guy who played Stratos. He played the guy who owned the booze store in Mystic River--no idea what his name is...that Stratos guy.

Edited to add that I don't know the German name.
Lt. Commander
# 36
02-12-2010, 09:44 AM
Alfred Abel? From Metropolis of 1927? Holy cow, this is gonna take a little research!
Lt. Commander
# 37
02-12-2010, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPTWinters
Alfred Abel? From Metropolis of 1927? Holy cow, this is gonna take a little research!
Wait, maybe I'm thinking of a different guy. I don't know if he was in metropolis. Aggh! I think I was wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 38
02-12-2010, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Wait, maybe I'm thinking of a different guy. I don't know if he was in metropolis. Aggh! I think I was wrong.

You may be right! The Alfred Abel in Metroopolis was a German, and I think Metropolis itself was a German movie. Hey Rusty Diodes we need some clarification here!
Lt. Commander
# 39
02-12-2010, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPTWinters
You may be right! The Alfred Abel in Metroopolis was a German, and I think Metropolis itself was a German movie. Hey Rusty Diodes we need some clarification here!
I am, indeed, referring to the star of Metropolis (1927)

Since we're doing Kevin Bacon Sci-Fi edition, I thought it appropriate to honor the first science fiction movie.

As to whether Tessa had the right guy, I don't know. I will leave that to our film student to discern.
Lt. Commander
# 40
02-12-2010, 11:19 AM
Quote:
I am, indeed, referring to the star of Metropolis (1927)

Since we're doing Kevin Bacon Sci-Fi edition, I thought it appropriate to honor the first science fiction movie.

As to whether Tessa had the right guy, I don't know. I will leave that to our film student to discern.
2 classes... No scholar here.
The Flame? Yeah, it's a german play that was turned into a film (Die Flamme) in '23.
Alfred Abel was in it.

Wikipedia is a lovely thing.
Now I'm off to Wiki Metropolis to see if I can link that.