Lt. Commander
After spending some time in the B'Tran Cluster, I have the strong feeling aout 90% of all missions are either ground combat missions or "aid the planet" (which could be completely removed from the game witjhout anyone missing them...), and like 10% are actual space missions - checking wreckage, clearing an area, defenfing a base, scanning anomalies etc.

I don't know if the patch changed the odds on all unexplored clusters, or if it's just that bad in B'Tran... It is so bad that I usually skip "Approach the Planet" And "Approach the Base"* missions entirely just like "Aid the Planet". Sigh.

[*Hint: Look at the map in the beginning. If the base is on the far side of the asteroid field, it is almost guaranteed to be a ground mission, if it is in the middle, it is in most cases a space mission.]
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-11-2010, 12:28 PM
I actually would miss them, some of us like the ground missions...

However I think for balance perhaps a 50/50 ratio would be best.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-11-2010, 12:39 PM
He's saying the aid planet (bring us so-so supplies) missions could be removed, to which I agree.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-11-2010, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildwa View Post
I actually would miss them, some of us like the ground missions...

However I think for balance perhaps a 50/50 ratio would be best.
As someone else stated, I just meant to remove the "Aid the Planet" missions.

And a ratio of 50:50 between ground and space would be perfectly fine, but I have to skip like 9-10 missions until I get something where the real part takes place in space, not on the ground.

What I am wondering, have people doing other clusters the same situation, or is it maybe only in B'Tran?
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-11-2010, 11:00 PM
Im standing by the transwarp conduit and cant get through to there

No clue why... I dont get a menu or something to get through even though I got the quest
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-11-2010, 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyenaZERO View Post
He's saying the aid planet (bring us so-so supplies) missions could be removed, to which I agree.
I have so many of these supplies built up now but I haven't encountered a supply request mission in days in the RA areas.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-11-2010, 11:10 PM
Have not had a single ground mission or aid the planet in borg space so far.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-11-2010, 11:25 PM
I got a quest to investigate a Borg listening post. Turns out the Borg government abandoned it so that they wouldn't create a diplomatic incident with the Federation. I guess they really are different to the Borg we used to know.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-12-2010, 12:23 AM
Yesterday I had a Borg Cube encounter in which the commander told me to get away from his prey or I would be destroyed.

I usually would expect more something like: "we are the borg, you will be assimilated. Resistance is futile!"
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-12-2010, 06:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombold
Yesterday I had a Borg Cube encounter in which the commander told me to get away from his prey or I would be destroyed.

I usually would expect more something like: "we are the borg, you will be assimilated. Resistance is futile!"
Yeah, I had a Borg Cube yelling at me for disturbing his plundering...