Lt. Commander
my key dont work ljuist like the tec support.
tried to phone support after holding for 20 mins i was told to try later i have never known anythig like this in all my gameing years there is no support for this game looks like they just want my money
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-11-2010, 12:27 PM
Jackjoe,

What place did you order from and are you sure you are using the game key and not the preorder key? They are seperate and you must use the game key to activate the account.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-11-2010, 12:28 PM
You already setup your retail key, you just need to setup a subscription on your account dashboard.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-11-2010, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coderanger
You already setup your retail key, you just need to setup a subscription on your account dashboard.
when i purchased the game it came with a 30 days of gameplay when i enter the key from enclosed it tells me to contact support i should be getting the 30 days included with the game before purchasing a sunscription
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-11-2010, 12:38 PM
Ahhh one of these. You do understand that most online services require you to fill out subscription details before they will allow you to connect to their services? Even with free time.

Just want to make sure you understand that this is an Internet Business Model and not specific to Cryptic. Sony Online Entertainment, Blizzard, NCSoft, Microsoft, EA and pretty much ever other game developer does this for their online games.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-11-2010, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackjoe View Post
when i purchased the game it came with a 30 days of gameplay when i enter the key from enclosed it tells me to contact support i should be getting the 30 days included with the game before purchasing a sunscription
Not quite right, the 30 days free is with the subscription (which you haven't set up yet). If you set your subscription up you'll get the 30 days free put on your account - you can then cancel the subscription immediately if you want to ensure you aren't going to be charged after that until you explicitly resubscribe.
Lt. Commander
# 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackjoe View Post
The thing is you are not purchasing one you are just subscribing to one. You can sub to one and cancel it instantly. There is no charge for doing this. They wouldnt charge you for a sub until the 30 days are complete.
Lt. Commander
# 8
just set up the subscription and cancel it right away. that way you can get your 30 days and you're sure you won't get billed.

of course you could also just set up the subscription and you will get billed when your free time is over
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-11-2010, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulayne View Post
The thing is you are not purchasing one you are just subscribing to one. You can sub to one and cancel it instantly. There is no charge for doing this. They wouldnt charge you for a sub until the 30 days are complete.
thanks for the help but i have another qestion why does it give me the option to choose the game card option if i need to subscribe aswell??
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-11-2010, 12:44 PM
Quote:
You will not be billed until the first 30 days have elapsed, but a valid subscription is required to play the game.