Lieutenant
You know I see why the Ker'rat space war zone was created. A big place for people to attack borg cubes and get loot as well as test builds/new toys. But, it seems anymore that the zone has outlived its purpose.

First, and most obviously the FED's and KDF's are no longer at war.....why are we pretending that they are? I just find it mind blowing.

Second, how am I supposed to get drops when someone that choose the KDF side runs up on me and uses Beam Overload 3 to deal an utterly too swift blow (60k+ hit) that instantly destroys my ship.

Third, and the most annoying thing in the zone is the bop ship...T'varo/B'rel (apparently only the KDF side chooses these ships) and there seems to be a growing number of them. All the people piloting those things do is launch transphasics and destabilized plasma torpedos along with use grav wells, viral matrix, scramble sensors/jam sensors and in the T'varo singulairty jump to decloak you when you try to just get away from there stupidty all the while never staying decloaked for more than 2 seconds. And just when you think you can get them and keep them uncloaked by putting a tractor beam or grav well on them there 25 km away from you in the blink of an eye. Whoever, made this ship seriously has a twisted sense of humor cause none of it I find funny at all. The ship's 'enhanced cloak' that allows for the above mentioned stupidity to happen needs to be taken out of the game.

And Last but not least.....seems anymore that the zone is a haven for a certain fleet on the KDF side to send in patrols to see how many are in the zone and how easily they can be defeated. Then the rest of the fleet rolls in and forms a huge ball of them and continually blows up all ships except borg till they all FED's leave, switch to another zone and do the same thing. Here's the golden kicker of it....why is this apparently the one map in all of STO that i can not switch zones. I have to find a friend in a diffferent zone, team them then switch....why can't I just switch without all the pomp and circumstance?

So why I ask you is this zone even relevant anymore? The only relevance I know of is for looting which is why I go. I have options like the new undine zone but frankly the yellow puddles annoy me and the ability they have to slip into undine space and be untargettable. Otherwise all the STF"s are the same thing over and over and the new ones are just awful too. Getting hit by a meteor and instapop?!?!
Commander
# 2
06-08-2014, 12:44 AM
there is one flaw in that I see... when was it ever relevant, it's a open world pvp/farm zone. it was never relevant.

also... how much of a noob are you? the cloaker thing is ancient news. the only reason there may be more is hey no longer suck.
Career Officer
# 3
06-08-2014, 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydenomega812 View Post
You know I see why the Ker'rat space war zone was created. A big place for people to attack borg cubes and get loot as well as test builds/new toys. But, it seems anymore that the zone has outlived its purpose.

First, and most obviously the FED's and KDF's are no longer at war.....why are we pretending that they are? I just find it mind blowing.

For every new alt we are... Right up until the new mission is played.

Even then, while not at war we aren't exactly at peace either... It's more of a formal cease fire.

Second, how am I supposed to get drops when someone that choose the KDF side runs up on me and uses Beam Overload 3 to deal an utterly too swift blow (60k+ hit) that instantly destroys my ship.

By adapting your build like every other PvP?

Third, and the most annoying thing in the zone is the bop ship...T'varo/B'rel (apparently only the KDF side chooses these ships) and there seems to be a growing number of them. All the people piloting those things do is launch transphasics and destabilized plasma torpedos along with use grav wells, viral matrix, scramble sensors/jam sensors and in the T'varo singulairty jump to decloak you when you try to just get away from there stupidty all the while never staying decloaked for more than 2 seconds. And just when you think you can get them and keep them uncloaked by putting a tractor beam or grav well on them there 25 km away from you in the blink of an eye. Whoever, made this ship seriously has a twisted sense of humor cause none of it I find funny at all. The ship's 'enhanced cloak' that allows for the above mentioned stupidity to happen needs to be taken out of the game.

Again... adapt... OR even better: Team up.

And Last but not least.....seems anymore that the zone is a haven for a certain fleet on the KDF side to send in patrols to see how many are in the zone and how easily they can be defeated. Then the rest of the fleet rolls in and forms a huge ball of them and continually blows up all ships except borg till they all FED's leave, switch to another zone and do the same thing. Here's the golden kicker of it....why is this apparently the one map in all of STO that i can not switch zones. I have to find a friend in a diffferent zone, team them then switch....why can't I just switch without all the pomp and circumstance?

So why I ask you is this zone even relevant anymore? The only relevance I know of is for looting which is why I go. I have options like the new undine zone but frankly the yellow puddles annoy me and the ability they have to slip into undine space and be untargettable. Otherwise all the STF"s are the same thing over and over and the new ones are just awful too. Getting hit by a meteor and instapop?!?!
It's a fun map... Thats why it should stay.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Captain
# 4
06-08-2014, 01:20 AM
Never!

Ker'rat is the only real fun place left in STO, why would you want to take it out? People are all too precious about their pretend space pixels in this game. I blow up in there all the time and I laugh and joke, so much more satisfying than raging in chat.

Since the spawning 'problem' was fixed the devs have seen fit to completely ignore it, so it's not wasting their time. You can ignore it too so it won't waste yours. Plenty of other places to get loot drops friend.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-08-2014, 01:27 AM
Bahahahaha! Sounds like someone met Minimax in his bop.

No, Ker'rat is fine. The only thing that might should be done is fix the instancing.

If you can't hack it in Ker'rat then you should probably not go back...there really are many other and better ways to farm. Ker'rat is an Open PvP zone with buggy Borg to shoot at when no real enemies are around...that's pretty much it.
"Nice hax! I've seen cheating! ***REPORTED***"

Oh Ker'rat, how you amuse me.
Career Officer
# 6
06-08-2014, 01:28 AM
You have made an excellent case for why you might not want to go there anymore.

But you haven't made a case for why it needs to be removed? Just because you don't want it doesn't mean it has to go, does it? Have you never considered that the people that some of the people that play there and fight each other (vaping other ships, evading vapes, communicating populations and what not) are actually greatly enjoying that aspect?
Empire Veteran
# 7
06-08-2014, 01:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainwesson View Post
Bahahahaha! Sounds like someone met Minimax in his bop.

No, Ker'rat is fine. The only thing that might should be done is fix the instancing.

If you can't hack it in Ker'rat then you should probably not go back...there really are many other and better ways to farm. Ker'rat is an Open PvP zone with buggy Borg to shoot at when no real enemies are around...that's pretty much it.
My mighty and incredibly op Norgh () has been the source of a bit of rage as well.

--

I'll never understand why people insist on complaining about war in a war zone. It's a place outside of time, existing in its own little pocket reality. Danger lurks in forms both unseen and apparent, and your survival is entirely dependent on your own competence (or the fickle hand of fortune). What happens in Ker'rat ought to stay in Ker'rat.

Sometimes you'll have a 15-1 advantage, sometimes you'll be at a 1-15 disadvantage. Once in a while you'll be in an epic brawl. Regardless, it's a place for people to throw down - farm at your own risk.
Captain
# 8
06-08-2014, 02:12 AM
The lore is easily explained away by the time 'desync' between missions. You know, how KDF can still take on "Destroy the Federation Vessels" missions. Even the Klingons doing mok'bara on Risa still refer to the Feds as their enemy.

As for your other points,

Quote:
You can still attack cubes. You can still get loot. You can still test builds. How can one say that it's outlived its purpose?

Quote:
Stay alert, keep defenses and resistances up. BO3 only goes above 60k+ on critical hits - or with an impressive level of minmaxing. That includes debuffed defense. They can be defended against.

Quote:
I have had next to no problem with them in science vessels. Counter them using Grav Wells, and when they run, use the same ability they use to run and pursue. They're squishy. At worst, stick close to someone who can, if you don't want to bother.

Quote:
Not being able to switch zones is a bummer. But it's a tad odd that you don't see friendly Feds coming in to make a fight of things. I've seen them. They aren't invisible.

Quote:
The other relevance is free-form no-holds-barred PvP, with little-to-no consequence for dying.

You've given no evidence for irrelevance to the game at large. You've only given evidence for irrelevance to yourself.
Take it easy!

Ishmael@scurry5: A Nibbling Sci
"Squeak?"

Last edited by scurry5; 06-08-2014 at 02:16 AM.
Republic Veteran
# 9
06-08-2014, 02:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
It's a fun map... Thats why it should stay.
It's not fun for feds.
Career Officer
# 10
06-08-2014, 02:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexvio1 View Post
It's not fun for feds.
I AM a fed... Yea I have KDF's, but their use of ships is limited to supply runs between my KDF fleet and Qo'nos.

It's fun alright... Unless of cause you'd rather cry than improve yourself.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports