Captain
# 11
06-08-2014, 02:43 AM
You keep going in there in a Scimitar, which paints a big fat X on you and wonder why you die a lot. You aren't just there to farm either, you always try to decloak on us when you think the odds are in your favor but you still usually still end up popping fast. Just because things usually don't go your way in Kerrat does not mean it should be shut down, it means you should try a new strategy or go somewhere else.
Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
Starfleet Veteran
# 12
06-08-2014, 02:45 AM
Hell no, i love it.

The cloaking thing is not a problem, if you keep a keen ear out for the decloaking noise you can activate abilities to resist the alpha strike easily.

As a mostly fun player, it's one of the best places to test builds in the game. Sparring with KDF players is also fun, makes it feel a bit like it did in the shows.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
"We won't go back, you don't know what its like in our Universe, the original timeline had gone, JJ Abrahms is everywhere"
Quote:
Originally Posted by rylanadionysis View Post
just shut up
Commander
# 13
06-08-2014, 03:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexvio1 View Post
It's not fun for feds.
I usually have lots of fun tanking around in my Odyssey or teaching those BoPs how science works in my Wells.

To the OP, the solution that may satisfy us all: Just ignore it exists and never come back...

Support the Jupiter & Typhoon classes! (~ 130 Supporters Yet!)
Captain
# 14
06-08-2014, 03:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexvio1 View Post
It's not fun for feds.
At times it's not fun for Klingons either. Other times it's lots of fun for both.

Kerrat is a good place to test builds before entering STF.

If i had to change one thing for kerrat it would be to give it a solid daily once every 20 hours like the Tour of the Galaxy.

Right now it's mostly PVP which gets the daily bonus.
Empire Veteran
# 15
06-08-2014, 03:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydenomega812 View Post

Third, and the most annoying thing in the zone is the bop ship...T'varo/B'rel (apparently only the KDF side chooses these ships) and there seems to be a growing number of them......
This here shows just how you are over exaggerating and just plain lying.

I get killed all the time by Fed T'varos and Scims doing cloaked barrage all the time. I see a lone FED ship, I start an attack run, then BAM, his cloaked RRW bodyguard sends my B'rel back to the respawn.

Feds and KDF both use Romulan ships fairly equally in Kerrat - so either you are anti social and want to destroy the last bastion of hope in the game, or you are just a pathologic attention seeker who is making stuff up for the sake of it.

The only real change that Kerrat could do with is making Romulans an actual faction so it becomes a 3 way fight.
Which one will you be?

Commander
# 16
06-08-2014, 03:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jockey1979 View Post
The only real change that Kerrat could do with is making Romulans an actual faction so it becomes a 3 way fight.
THAT would be really awesome.

But it would make absolutely no sense, since the Romulans (at least if you're referring to the RR as "The Romulans") have, in the STO timeline, always been allies with both the Empire and the Federation.

Support the Jupiter & Typhoon classes! (~ 130 Supporters Yet!)
Career Officer
# 17
06-08-2014, 03:19 AM
I think Ker'rat is a crap map anyway, if your bad at PvP its a boring place to be as all you will do is explode and respawn over and over, if your good at PvP it has to get boring blowing up noobs unless you get your jollies off feeling superior because you can destroy players that are no threat to you.

Do I think it should be removed? NO!

I don't PvP, I have no wish to get blown up over and over by better players than me so I stay out of Ker'rat, the game does not require me to go to Ker'rat at any point to progress through the story so I stay away. I do not think its right to want something removed because I don't like it, if even 1% of the games population enjoyed Ker'rat then it should stay...... and even if they didn't, it should stay anyway because what would be the point in removing it?

I do think they need to add more open mixed PvE/PvP zones though for those people that do enjoy them and at least 1 of those zones should have a reason to have all cloaking disabled while in that map....... also some way of preventing spawn camping like a station at the spawn points that can 1 or 2 shot enemy players that come within 10k of the spawn point but the map would need to be huge for that.
Captain
# 18
06-08-2014, 03:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jockey1979 View Post

I get killed all the time by Fed T'varos and Scims doing cloaked barrage all the time. I see a lone FED ship, I start an attack run, then BAM, his cloaked RRW bodyguard sends my B'rel back to the respawn.
Any ship with cloak or MES. It's usually easy to predict attack trajectories (they tend to stay away from crowded areas to avoid accidental decloak) and a torpedo bomber can pick off decloaking ships with ease.

Last edited by questerius; 06-08-2014 at 03:24 AM.
Republic Veteran
# 19
06-08-2014, 04:34 AM
If you don't like it, then don't go to it. But don't remove it for those who still enjoy it on both sides.
# 20
06-08-2014, 04:39 AM
This thread: "I don't like it, so remove it"

It's laughable.

Also, you *do* PvP in there with your scimi. I remember you chasing me down, being kind enough to give me GDF, and not cloak up afterwards. You gave me all the time in the world to strike back. And yes, a GDF + ApO + TF + BO3 + THY2 + EptW3 + ApA strike will hurt you, especially when you don't buff up.

So it might as well be: "I don't like it because I suck at it, so remove it"
Julius - Klingon Tactical Officer, B'rel Bird of Prey // Rujan - Klingon Science Officer, Temporal Science Vessel
Marcellus - Romulan Tactical Officer, Scimitar Warbird // Aurelius - Klingon Science Officer, B'rel Bird of Prey
Hadrian, Romulan Tactical Officer, Fleet T'varo Retrofit

Last edited by jaegernl; 06-08-2014 at 04:42 AM.