Captain
# 21
06-08-2014, 04:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydenomega812 View Post
they are? I just find it mind blowing.

Second, how am I supposed to get drops when someone that choose the KDF side runs up on me and uses Beam Overload 3 to deal an utterly too swift blow (60k+ hit) that instantly destroys my ship.
So, you saying that you want a PVP zone where players dont shoot at you?? lol

Do you realize that kerrat is a pvp zone, right?? so, its completely logical that someone fires at you and kills you. Everybody knows pvp is broken, and things like being killed with a beam overload are completely normal. If you dont want that to happen, dont go to a pvp zone, period. There are thousands of ways to get drops or stuff.
Career Officer
# 22
06-08-2014, 05:15 AM
No, Ker'rat is fine.

It's high risk high reward gameplay that isnt anywhere else.
Commander
# 23
06-08-2014, 05:15 AM
No Ker'rat = I quit STO. Yes, that zone is the best zone. Only reason I bother grinding and getting stronger.

I don't wanna be forced into some loser team just to PVP. PVP is not just teams, people seem to think so, but they're dead wrong. Some people like being a lone wolf and winning alone. That's me.
QUEEN SCORA

Career Officer
# 24
06-08-2014, 05:18 AM
loose ker'rat, get rid of them pvp purists .
Joined STO late 2010. Bought starter pack LoR & LTS 2013.
Proud owner of a Targ pup to a federation character.
T6 Miranda FTW! Hope to see Miranda Class made a T6 hero ship.
Captain
# 25
06-08-2014, 05:19 AM
Quote:
You know I see why the Ker'rat space war zone was created. A big place for people to attack borg cubes and get loot as well as test builds/new toys. But, it seems anymore that the zone has outlived its purpose.
That's not quite why it was created though. It's a PvPvE zone. It's a zone for PvP where winning the PvP fight also gives you the chance to get loot - as opposed to PvP one encounters in CnH/Arena.

There are countless means for folks to do PvE and get loot. PvP and get loot? Welcome to Ker'rat...

Quote:
First, and most obviously the FED's and KDF's are no longer at war.....why are we pretending that they are? I just find it mind blowing.
Nobody is pretending that in 2410 a peace agreement does not exist. Ker'rat does not exist at 2410. It's no different than playing any of the replayable content. It would be far more silly to point out how many times folks have run iSE, eh?

STO is a themepark - just because new rides are added - doesn't mean you can't go back and ride the old rides...

Quote:
Second, how am I supposed to get drops when someone that choose the KDF side runs up on me and uses Beam Overload 3 to deal an utterly too swift blow (60k+ hit) that instantly destroys my ship.
You fly Fed Rom in a Scimitar. LoR should have killed the KDF boogeyman, but for some reason - even with so many advantages - certain Feds still point to the KDF as the boogeyman. It's mind-boggling.

Quote:
Third, and the most annoying thing in the zone is the bop ship...T'varo/B'rel (apparently only the KDF side chooses these ships) and there seems to be a growing number of them. All the people piloting those things do is launch transphasics and destabilized plasma torpedos along with use grav wells, viral matrix, scramble sensors/jam sensors and in the T'varo singulairty jump to decloak you when you try to just get away from there stupidty all the while never staying decloaked for more than 2 seconds. And just when you think you can get them and keep them uncloaked by putting a tractor beam or grav well on them there 25 km away from you in the blink of an eye. Whoever, made this ship seriously has a twisted sense of humor cause none of it I find funny at all. The ship's 'enhanced cloak' that allows for the above mentioned stupidity to happen needs to be taken out of the game.
Feds run the T'varo...Feds run TDF on the T'varo...Feds can run a better T'varo.

Again, you're flying a Fed Rom Scimitar. You like to decloak on folks when they are otherwise engaged (like you complain about). You like to run off and cloak (like you complain about). You like to bounce with your Singularity Jump as much as anybody else. You've got your Drones pumping out Scrambles.

So many of the things you complain about both in zone and on the forums are things you either do or other Feds are doing around you. If fighting an opponent that fights back instead of grabbing its ankles while batting eyelashes at you to come farm it is not your thing, then it is not your thing. There's a bunch of PvE just like that for you...

Quote:
And Last but not least.....seems anymore that the zone is a haven for a certain fleet on the KDF side to send in patrols to see how many are in the zone and how easily they can be defeated. Then the rest of the fleet rolls in and forms a huge ball of them and continually blows up all ships except borg till they all FED's leave, switch to another zone and do the same thing. Here's the golden kicker of it....why is this apparently the one map in all of STO that i can not switch zones. I have to find a friend in a diffferent zone, team them then switch....why can't I just switch without all the pomp and circumstance?
Again, perhaps PvP is just not for you. You're perfectly fine when the Feds vastly outnumber the KDF and you've got anywhere from 5-10 Feds taking out 1-2 KDF. Suddenly when the numbers are even or they favor the KDF...it's a problem?

That Fleet will usually hang out above either the Borg area or above the Fed spawn. Oh, no doubt when the Feds were previously camping the KDF spawn, that Fleet will drop down to offer some revenge. Possible that folks that were not involved in camping the KDF get caught up in that? Sure...that happens.

But with all the complaints about the KDF, it's a trip how the Feds are far more likely to end up camping a couple of KDF - mining the spawn - decloaking on folks that have appeared on their screens before the person spawning has even seen the screen...etc, etc, etc.

Again, perhaps PvP is just not for you. The ankle grabbing opponents that you can pat yourself on the back for blowing up are located in other instances...

Quote:
So why I ask you is this zone even relevant anymore? The only relevance I know of is for looting which is why I go. I have options like the new undine zone but frankly the yellow puddles annoy me and the ability they have to slip into undine space and be untargettable. Otherwise all the STF"s are the same thing over and over and the new ones are just awful too. Getting hit by a meteor and instapop?!?!
It's a PvPvE zone. That hasn't changed.

Complaining that other things are the same thing over and over again, then saying you just want to farm some helpless Borg over and over again - it makes about as much sense as the rest of the post.

There's some Foundry missions out there that you might be interested in. The mobs spawn in little clouds that keep their shields down - they spawn one at time - you blow them up - you loot them - and never have to worry about them being a threat...that sounds like the kind of challenge you're looking for, eh?
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Captain
# 26
06-08-2014, 07:00 AM
Y'know, this post reminds me: I need to go back into Ker'rat.
"Veteran" - You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Captain
# 27
06-08-2014, 07:08 AM
this entire thread is insane.
"pvp can only be for rp when the story says so waa waa waa"
you serious?
as it turns out, an intrepid would lose a fight with a connie.
and thats canon.
! the power of plot compels you.
Captain
# 28
06-08-2014, 07:17 AM
The only possible argument in the op is the cease fire.
But that's not a good reason to take kerrat out. You may consider it taking place before the cease fire (just like the stfs or replaying any early story missions), you may consider it another war game/ simulation or you may just ignore the story aspect of it like probably 95% of the players do.

Anything else in the opening post can be summed up with "I'm not skilled enough to pvp so no one else should be allowed to do pvp". That's really all that is there.

Oh and the little misunderstanding about kerrats purpose. Kerrats is not there to test builds and equipment, kerrats is a pvevp environment that is there to make pvevp and enjoy yourself. And if you don't enjoy yourself there don't go there, it's that simple.
Support more story content in STO
Empire Veteran
# 29
06-08-2014, 07:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gofasternow View Post
Y'know, this post reminds me: I need to go back into Ker'rat.
I know, right? The best thing this thread accomplished was reminding me how much I love the sheer chaos of Ker'rat. Going in solo, not knowing what I'll face... It's a lot of fun. Do I lose a lot when I go there? Yes. Do I win occasionally? Also yes. Do I enjoy myself either way? Hell yes.

Shouldn't be entering Ker'rat if you aren't capable of accepting the cycle of loss and victory.
Nick - Human Tactical Officer - FED [INACTIVE]
Tenix - Romulan Science Officer - KDF Ally [INACTIVE]
M'ossa - Ferasan Science Officer - KDF [MAIN]

Formerly known on the forums as Remissus
Career Officer
# 30
06-08-2014, 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by temporalhavoc View Post
I know, right? The best thing this thread accomplished was reminding me how much I love the sheer chaos of Ker'rat. Going in solo, not knowing what I'll face... It's a lot of fun. Do I lose a lot when I go there? Yes. Do I win occasionally? Also yes. Do I enjoy myself either way? Hell yes.

Shouldn't be entering Ker'rat if you aren't capable of accepting the cycle of loss and victory.
that entirely depends on a players psychology. for me, i am capable of accepting defeats a few times, but i dont have patience or the time of day to sit around getting my backside put on a plate and handed to me.

some dont care about getting defeated, taking the approach that its just a game and just taking the fun from it. although i dunno how someone can get trounced on time and time again be called "fun", but i dont think that way so i cant understand it (not looking for feedback).

others enjoy the limelight and dominating so much they would never leave, eventually they stroke their own ego so much it gets personal the moment another player does something this person would consider "wrong". i can understand that position but then again there are reasons for the other player.

i mean there are more types but its depends on the player rather then the cycle of loss or victory.
Joined STO late 2010. Bought starter pack LoR & LTS 2013.
Proud owner of a Targ pup to a federation character.
T6 Miranda FTW! Hope to see Miranda Class made a T6 hero ship.